New used 2005 Pathfinder

Guest scottq68

Guest scottq68

WAVEY

Hello Everyone,

I just took delivery on Thursday evening (10/19/06) last week of an '05 Pathfinder SE 4X4 Storm Gray w/ 64k miles. I bought this from Truliant Credit Union used @ $17990. I have been a member of this credit union for about 9 or 10 years and although I have recv'd numerous loans from them, I had never used their auto-buying service. I live near Cherryville, NC and they delivered the Pathfinder to my door from Winston-Salem, NC (just over 100 miles) and took my trade back with them!

Anyway, I had been looking for some type of 4wd that had a very good reputation, got decent mileage for its size and would tow up to 6000 lbs. I hadn't even considered the Pathfinder but I had looked at both the Titan and Frontier ( I got quotes from the Credit Union on both ). Last weekend I noticed this Pathfinder on the Truliant used inventory site and started researching everything I could find and was very pleased with everything I have read - both professional and consumer reviews.

I have owned quite a few vehicles over the last twenty years and this Pathfinder is most impressive with the level of comfort, ride, utility and capability. We traveled over 300 miles yesterday: south down hwy 18 to Gaffney, SC ,west on hwy 11, north on 276 to Hendersonville (stopped at Caesers Head State Park - beautiful place) east on I-26, 74 west and then home (a good freeway/mountain road mix) and averaged 18.6 mpg.

This thing is loaded - PW, PDL, cruise, Sunroof, 6 disc Bose stereo, Dual climate control, Rear air, lots of compartments and hooks, fold-flat rear seats, tow pkg.

I am originally from WVa and we used to off-road quite a bit. The running boards on this Pathfinder would get in the way but I believe it would climb real well.

Anyway, hello to everyone. First time poster to any forum of any kind ... just that impressed (so far) with this vehicle. I will try to post some pics later.

Ouch. Pathy's are well worth any cost, I just hate to think about 5 figures.

Welcome, although I won't be much help as a lot has change since 1987. Not to worry there are many other more modern folks here.

Guess you haven't bought a new-er car in a while? :D