sad day again

max_stryker

Very sad indeed. I have a few qustions, though.

1.) It was reported on the news last night that the plane had not yet been registered with the FAA...why was it in the air then?

2.) A new pilot, even with an instructor in the aircraft, has no business flying around midtown manhattan where the ceiling is set at 800 ft. It's a virtual maze.

3.) That apt. building was another apt. building's length from the East River. We're told the plane suddenly veered left, and subsequently crashed into the building but had it veered RIGHT it would have been in the river. With an instructor in the aircraft, wouldn't they have taken control to ensure it didn't happen?

4.) The biggest point of all...ALL private aircraft traveling in the vicinity of Manhattan MUST submit a registered flight plan with the FAA...however, nobody did for this flight. Again, with an instructor present in the aircraft, why the hell wasn't one done?

This is a truly tragic event and of course I wish it never happened, but certain procedures were NOT followed and thus, there are a number of un-answered questions. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims families (including the instructor, who is seldom mentioned in the news, just Lidle most of the time. Let's not forget there are more than one set of grieving families.)

Just my .02!

Edited by navygz19

I heard that they sent out a mayday due to some fuel issue. I don't know whether or not that's true, but that could explain a few things.

Of course he didn't do what he was supposed to do. It's a Yankees player. They have a holier than thou attidude and feel they're above the law.

I heard that they sent out a mayday due to some fuel issue. I don't know whether or not that's true, but that could explain a few things.

Of course he didn't do what he was supposed to do. It's a Yankees player. They have a holier than thou attidude and feel they're above the law.

As is the case with most insanely rich sports stars. It's a shame...regulations (though even if they WERE followed probably would not have prevented this accident) are made for a reason.

As for the mayday, I've heard both, tha there was one issued and the opposite as well.