4wd light stays on

archer

FWIW, mine actually stays in 4wd. if the light is on, but the lever is in 2wd and i try to negotiate a tight turn, i can tell it's still in 4wd. when it finally comes out of 4wd, i can feel it thud underneath me. :scratchhead:

FWIW, mine actually stays in 4wd. if the light is on, but the lever is in 2wd and i try to negotiate a tight turn, i can tell it's still in 4wd. when it finally comes out of 4wd, i can feel it thud underneath me. :scratchhead:

Holy sh*tballs! That's the first I've heard of that. :blink:

Holy sh*tballs! That's the first I've heard of that. :blink:

Ya mine is also in 4wd too. My pfinder starts to vibrate around 65 on pavement so i know it is still on. Well it sounds like many others have this issue. I would still like to know what causes it since it only started doing this the last 2 years.

Could it be the actual lever? I don't know if the lever has linkage (it should, right?). Maybe the linkage is loose, and so when you put it in 2hi, its not actually in 2hi. And when it disengages 4hi it's because you hit a bump or something that made it finally vibrate out? I don't know, just throwing something different out there.

Jose

Could it be the actual lever? I don't know if the lever has linkage (it should, right?). Maybe the linkage is loose, and so when you put it in 2hi, its not actually in 2hi. And when it disengages 4hi it's because you hit a bump or something that made it finally vibrate out? I don't know, just throwing something different out there.

Jose

Could very well be the case. I know for me, it did shift out of 4HI but the light stayed on. Maybe the sensor doesn't recognize the shift unless it passes a certain point on the linkage.

Could very well be the case. I know for me, it did shift out of 4HI but the light stayed on. Maybe the sensor doesn't recognize the shift unless it passes a certain point on the linkage.

Maybe I'll pay more attention to that. Never even thought it could be an issue.