6-bolt T-case Adapter- W/ Pictures & Now Taking Pre Orders!

SteeevO

Went to the pomona, ca off road expo today.. found a guy that will make the adapters to bolt up an atlas, stak4x4, or any other t-case with that bolt pattern.

doesn't need a minimum order but i want to get a feel for how many i should be thinking of making.

who would be up for one of these?

i will be returning to the expoin the morning to please reply ASAP .. i would just send the guy an e-mail but it's soo much easier to talk to the design guy face to face. let me know :aok:

-Steven

Edited by SteeevO

• 4 months later...

How far out are these? And any idea on price? I like this idea better than adding a D300 onto the TX10. Very very interested. :D

EDIT: Nevermind, you already posted a price estimate above. Still want a time frame!!!

Edited by tmorgan4

Just being curious -

I assume swapping the TC will mandate custom driveshafts, correct?

not really, maybe just a different flange on the t/c side and/or sortening/lengthening the driveshaft.

Unfortunately we'll be using custom driveshafts.... maybe a 2-piece but i'm trying to avoid it... it's looks like the adapters a 6 - 8 weeks out. i'll have more concrete details for you as we get closer to the release date.

• 1 month later...

yeah unfortunately we are still looking at having a 2-piece DS due to the fact that the 6-bolt t-cases are soo short... BUT!! some pathfinders came with a 2 piece from the factory so i'm thinking that people in a $$ crunch might be able to make that work.

some pathfinders did have a 2 piece DS.... i know this because mine had one when i was 2WD...it's still in the garage. but i'll keep posting more info as the release gets closer.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

• 4 weeks later...

Design is done.

The adapter was stretched out to put t-case rear output at about the stock position. which also moved the front output back

3D CAD images will be avaliable shortly.

Please E-mail me or PM me if you are seriously interested. We need to make atleast 5 on this first round to keep the cost down.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

This project was reborn with the help of advance adapters and the adapter will be shipping very very soon.

all the prototyping is done and the first final install will be taking place within the next few weeks!

The main discusion is on the Rugged Rocks Forum found here:http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/forum/index.php?topic=69.0 which is where i'd like to try and keep all the Q&A's but as alwys anyone can ask ?'s here or PM me.

Here are a few pics of the Mock-Up (aka disregard any missing bolts & the fact that the T-case is empty :))

quick-mocup-tcase-adapter.jpg

nissan-adapter-atlas-test-fit.JPG

nissan-adapter-atlas-test-fit-2.JPG

:beer:

Damn, that'd be really nice. Being able to use a 3.7:1(?) NP-something would make it a LOT cheaper to re-gear for real offroading. Keep us posted, (price estimate?) and get the guy's number!

not really man.. i've gone both routes.

To regear a TX-10 is 1000 bucks.

A D300 is 300 (or more, depending on what kind of connections you have)

An adaptor is going to be around 500-800 bucks.

A flip kit is 300 bucks for the D300

Then the shifters, and twin sticking.. 300 bucks..

And this still leaves you with only 2.62:1.

I'm going to be running Both. My final ratios are something like 51:1, 80:1, 211:1 (t-case = 3.7:1, 2.62:1, and then those two doubled up)

I have a doubler adaptor thats on order, and supposed to be finished today.