4 Wheel drive selections

KyL

I understand that there are two modes of 4-wheel drive. 4-wheel high and 4-wheel low. But for some reason i can only shift into 4-wheel low. Is their an indication light saying wether you have 4 low or 4 high on?. The only indicator i get is a little green one located on the guage cluster.

Only into 4LO? Well that's a new one, most who have trouble can only hit 4HI :lol:

Are you sure it's 4LO you found... there is a drastic difference between LO and HI range.

All the way forward is 2HI, back one is 4HI. Push the lever DOWN and pull back one for N, back one more is 4LO

The indicator light should come on as soon as you shift from 2HI to 4HI. the light simply tells you that you are in 4WD (Hi or LO) is does not indicate which one.

most who have trouble can only hit 4HI

i think thats b/c the directions on how to get it in LO suck...i found LO acciently...just happened to push down on the stick and it fell into place and i was like awsome...i've only had to use it 1 time and that was to show my buddy the most torque she could put down...like 1/2 or maybe 1/4 of what his car puts out but we shot up that hill and he held on tight and said damn so i guess it was good enough

Alright guys thanks. Ill try goofing around with it today on my way to work. I guess the real test is when the great canadian winter hits in a couple months. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just remember though, you HAVE to be in Neutral and completely stopped to get it to go. At least thats how it is in my Terrano. If I have it in Park, and try to go to 4L, it wont budge. It goes smooth as silk when I have it in Neutral though.