Strange stock bumper questions

The Drift

I have a 97 pathy. My bumper ends are beginning to rust. With a Chicago winter on the near horizon I;m about 99.9999999% sure they will be for crapo by next spring.

Solution, replace in the spring.

Problem-The front end can be done fairly cheap. The Rear endcaps however in chrome or black are fairly expensive. The cheapest I have found is $58. Not that I cannot afford it, but it seems steap and I honestly don't want to spend that money now.

However for a similar cost I can go another route. Bumper covers from a 2000. Do do front and back would be about the same as the end caps all the way around (including the middle on the front) The truck would definately look unique, and nearly mint after doing that. I know the Turnsignals and fogs are different, but as far as mounting will I have any difficulties? Can anyone think of a reason this wouldn't just bolt right up? I really kind of want to do this, just to do something different. What do you all think?

just watch out for kma. I ordered one on the 17th of june and still haven't seen it. they said it would take 6-8 weeks and its been 3 1/2 months. when i asked, they said "We've got a couple of orders ahead of you yet. Should be coming up shortly" wtf?

sorry, not trying to thread jack you.

is there that much of a difference between the 97 and 00 bumpers? i'm not real sure, but if they have different part numbers, I would imagine there is some difference. otherwise they should just be called "96-03" bumper and caps or whatever you know?

just watch out for kma. I ordered one on the 17th of june and still haven't seen it. they said it would take 6-8 weeks and its been 3 1/2 months. when i asked, they said "We've got a couple of orders ahead of you yet. Should be coming up shortly" wtf?

sorry, not trying to thread jack you.

is there that much of a difference between the 97 and 00 bumpers? i'm not real sure, but if they have different part numbers, I would imagine there is some difference. otherwise they should just be called "96-03" bumper and caps or whatever you know?

There are major differences. The 00 doesn't have encaps, it's just a full plastic bumpe cover.

I'm just curious if it will bolt up

• 3 weeks later...