Back from my trip

ILoveMyPatty

I was :blink: @ 26

20 sounds a little better :lol:

Kn0x,

You really have to base your milage on what you put in the tank "after" you reset the trip meter (or record the odo number)

Doing that will give you an accurate MPG. *as B mentioned, that is assuming your odometer is accurate* The way your trying to do it will only give a rough estimate.

1: Fill your tank (completely)

2: Reset your trip meter or record you Odometer reading

3: Drive your heart out

4: Fill up completely again

Then take the reading from step two and divide it by your current trip Meter reading.

That will give you your actual MPG for that tank of fuel.

At this point, continue on with step two and do it all over again ;)

I record every tank and figure my monthly averages as well.

What he said. /\ Mileage assuming your odo is right, fuel used by mileage. I'm still on stock diameter tires, although wide. Then fill till there's no more filling, and its pretty easy to compute next time around. Yes, I'm one of those over-filler's.

As for drinkage and driving, yeah, look us up next time you're in town. There are a large number of us peeps in the western WA area alone. And ditto to the adult beverage scenario. I'm game, and I'm game for a cup of coffee, a burger, or whatever.

What he said. /\

it's a good thing you quoted me... I reread what I had wrote and noticed something wrong with my post..

I originally wrote

Then take the reading from step two and divide it by your current trip Meter reading.

It should be

Then take the amount of fuel you pumped in step 4 from step two and divide into your current trip Meter reading.

That sounds better... right? Or should I just stop posting tonight and go to :bed:

:lol: