86-90 body lift on a 91-95

mikesmaximase

Hey I would rather not buy from AC From what I hear and I havent even gotten an email back from them because of a question I had. I can get a 3" body lift from performance accessories but the kit only covers years 86-90, and doesnt include the specail grade 8 bolts(4) that AC provides in their kit. My question is do you guys think these 4 grade 8 bolts matter. I have seen people on the web with the performance accessories kit on their 91-95 pathfinders before, but now when i goto search for their sites to ask them questions on their install I cant find them, go figure. :shrug:

just my $0.02

definitely try for high tensile bolts, there might be a day when you wanna push your pathy pretty hard & a lesser grade bolt might not cut it.

i made my own kit, cause its pointless me getting a US kit. someplaces here wanted $1000 per inch of lift :o :wacko::blink: thats right per inch

i just went to a local fastener shop and bought HT treaded rod & then cut it to length (note use 1.25 pitch tread!!!!)

i sorced body lift blocks from a local 4wd store $10 a pop

also try engineering places - just asked for poly urathane (spelling) blocks

everything else you alter to suit - with miscellaneous steel, pipe and hose

hope this is of some help

edit: btw i cant see there being any difference for a kit for a older pathy

its only bolts, blocks, a couple of brackets and some hose

You probably already know this, but the AC kit IS a Performance Accessories kit, they just take the 86-90 version and include the different bolts and charge you the extra $50 or whatever. =) Just kidding... I don't know the prices. I emailed them [Performance Accessories] about it and got this back:

At this time we have not prototyped the 1993 Pathfinder. It may be possible to use the kit for the older vehicle but I can not verify that. In some cases there can be issues with the manual shifter. When we prototype a vehicle, we address these issues and provide the required parts or instructions to resolve these concerns in our kits. Again, we have not checked the fit of the older kit on your model year vehicle.

I'm not saying you are, Mike. That's a very good point, though. Wierdness...if the standard bolts are good enough for 6 out of 10 of the body mounts, why would you need 4 of them to be Grade 8 bolts? Mine is using all the replacement bolts that came with the kit and I really don't think I'll ever have any kind of problem with them.

*goes and looks on the AC BBS*

• 2 weeks later...