NPORA's Humble Beginnings

MrJim

Do you know that I was just looking at some old records and I was surprized to see that NPORA became an actual Club on July 10th, 2002. It seems like so much longer than that when you look back now. That is the day that www.nissanpathfinders.com went online.

Prior to that, we were an unofficial "club" for a number of years on www.mrjim.net, which started out as a site to just showcase my personal Pathfinder and soon we had so many Pathfinders submitted to our Reader's Rigs section and so much going on in our daily forums that it just seemed like the next logical step to move onto an actual Pathfinder Off Road Club.

We discussed it on the forums and collectively decided on the name NPORA, or Nissan Pathfinder Off Road Association. Everyone was eager to see it happen so on July 10th, 2002 - the new site became active and we have been on a stampede of growth every since that day. It is gratifying to know that my little site started it all, but the success of the organization came from and continues to come from the members. I have always said that NPORA did not "belong" to me and was instead something that we all created together and all of our ideas and innovations have made NPORA the organization that it is today. We are getting an average of 1 million hits per month on our site from the smallest corners of the earth. It amazes me more each day.

I would like to see a drive to create local chapters through the United States and the world of NPORA. I would certainly like to see more NPORA based trail runs with lots of Pathfinders showing up to show the world what Pathfinders are really capable of. They are sleepers waiting to be awakened. Who knew? They look great and are such a trouble free vehicle anyway, but they are a force to be dealt with on the trails too. I still love my 1994 as much today as I did the day I purchased it. Maybe more. My wife's 1996 has been just as great of a rig too. They are just like the Energizer Bunny, only with mud... :rolleyes:

Look for many more new Members on our main site at www.nissanpathfinders.com soon since quite a few have piled up since my surgery on March 18th. I plan to start adding them this week.

Thank you to everyone who has helped to make NPORA what it is today!

• 2 years later...

Being one of the first official members of NPORA (#19). It's hard to beleive how much this site has grown. I remeber learning so much from NPORA about my Pathy the first years as a member. I wonder if Mr Jim (Jim Benett) knew when he first started NPORA what he was really starting.

Although this is by far the best site I have found for Pathfinder information, it has become more than that. It's become a place where you can meet friends and disscus and share every day happenings.

Thank you Mr Jim, moderators and the knowledgable members involved in making this site what it is today.

Keep up the good work :beer:

Denis

Being one of the first official members of NPORA (#19). It's hard to beleive how much this site has grown. I remeber learning so much from NPORA about my Pathy the first years as a member. I wonder if Mr Jim (Jim Benett) knew when he first started NPORA what he was really starting.

Although this is by far the best site I have found for Pathfinder information, it has become more than that. It's become a place where you can meet friends and disscus and share every day happenings.

Thank you Mr Jim, moderators and the knowledgable members involved in making this site what it is today.

Keep up the good work :beer:

Denis

AMEN :bow: :clap:

It also doesn't matter where in the world you are :beer:

rare for a weekday to go by without stopping in for a quick check of everything even with a differnet car. what can i say, i was there when it was the purple & black forum, im hooked.....