Just bought

Guest broc

I just got 1998 with 74000 miles has no power or snap mostly when under load such as going up hill. Also has a cluncking noise and hesitation in 3rd gear what could this be .

Change the trans fluid and see if that helps. Other than that, a mystery clunk is impossible to diagnose over the internet, sorry. You're going to have to get under there and move things around yourself to see if anything has more play than it should in it. Lay under the back bumper and do some bench presses, bounce it up-and-down and watch all the rear end parts to see if anything's loose or disconnected.

I assume it is a automatic tranny. So I would say first do what 88 says and shake some things up underneath like the suspension parts and the driveshaft. You are definetely not going to ever get much "snap" going uphill or under load. Acutally maybe a little bit but it will be the tranny downshifting!! If you can not find anything underneath then I change the fluid.(should probably do it anyway since it is your new vehicle). A 98 with 74000 miles on it should not have a bad tranny yet unless it was treated badly. IMO

*corrected the intent* B

I guess I should say it clnks when it shifts not all the time but going from rev to forward and sometimes taking of thank for your input :hide::beer: :help: