My New Rig

Dave_C

The Pathfinder went off to its new owner today in Pennsylvania. Here's some info and shots of the new rig for me:

2003 Nissan Xterra XE-5spd around 35,000 miles

SLR 3" Lift

Custom Rear Spring Pack with U-bolt Skids

PA 2" Body Lift

35" Goodyear MTRs

Calmini Steering (with the "good" replacement idler arm issue)..whatever that counts for ;)

All J Sliders

Calmini Rockcrawler TC Gears

ARB Rear Locker

Full Skid Row Skids (Gas Tank, Engine/Tranny/Oil, Transfer Case, and Front Bumper)

TJM Snorkel

ARB Front Bumper

Skid Row Tire Carrier/Bumper

Warn M8000 Winch

Warn Hubs

15X7 Black Steel Wheels

Bilstein 5150 Shocks

Optima Yellow Top

IPF Lighting

Load Warrior

Front and Rear Xterra Seat Covers

Cobra 75 All-in-One CB with Firestik II on ARB Bumper

AugustXterra003.jpg

AugustXterra001.jpg

100_0145.sized.jpg

100_0154.sized.jpg

Edited by Dave_C

Once again, Congrats!! I'm sure you'll love it. Glad to hear the pathy went to a good home too. :cool2:

Thanks man :)

It was a little sad to see her go today, but like you said, she went to a good home and will get good use...so I'm happy about that. The guy that bought it was a good guy, so I'm sure he'll take care of it and maybe add some more stuff to it to improve it (i.e. skids and steering). We'll see!

35"s on IFS?  Sweet lord...

Move the bumper up bro...  Otherwise.. ughm.. start looking for a spare front diff?  I've seen two grenade already on Xs...

It's been consistently running black level trails for over 2 years now on that set up and nothing is wrong with it. The bumper will be taken care of at the end of this month....35's on IFS is doable without damage...seen it many times...I've been wheeling and modding for years, so I know what to look for, but thanks anyways. 35s may not be doable on a Pathy, but it certainly is on an Xterra...the differentials are a "little" different between the two in case you didn't know, starting with the gearing.

But your feedback is always welcome, as is anyone else's

Edited by Dave_C

Congrats. That X is one "hot lookin rig" I am a bit jealous. Lookin at those pics man I guess your visibility out the rear is not so good? Because man, that 35" tire makes that whole X look small!!! Have fun with it you lucky dog.

thanks guys

The 35" tire out back actually doesn't block the rear view all that much...it was a little worse when I had the 32" mounted on the back of the Pathy...but that's because the tire was right in the middle of the window. On the X, it's mounted more to the driver's side so I can actually see fine. The only time I can't see anything behind me in the Xterra is when someone decides to tail gate me, and then their car kind of disappers and I can barely see their roof line ;)

Maybe I need an oil slick machine or a smoke screen maker :P

Edited by Dave_C

Sweet X man. But I thought you were going FJ?

Thanks....I was, but got the deposit back when I found out I could get an already modified X for the price I got it for ;) Saved me a ton of money as I would have had to mod the FJ too for what I wanted to do.

Nice looking X :hide: We are going to need some Action Pics :contract:

So do you have any extra Pathfinder items you need to get rid of???

Thanks man...I'll have action shots soon ;)

Let me check my spare parts pile...I may have the factory roof rack cross bars as of right now if I can find all the thumb screw pieces for them...other than that, not much, but I'll send you a message with what I've got sometime today and see if you need any of it.

Right on man. GOOD LUCK W/ the X... too bad no supercharger... ;)... but it's still sweet.

Thanks...I had a Supercharged '03 Frontier CC as well at one point...and it was nice...but that's just not enough power difference in that SC for it to make much of a difference to me....low end torque sure, but with the t-case gears and the locker in the X, I'm not going to miss that Supercharged low end torque too much ;)

Besides, I like not having to buy premium gas for the thing ;)

Make sure you take Jason Wheelin.... We want to see some pics of your X getting pulled out by your old Pathy.......

Just as funny as me giving the guy I bought my 95 from a Jump start in his new Yuk0n with his cables he left in my new Pathy......

Edited by Casey.T

Make sure you take Jason Wheelin.... We want to see some pics of your X getting pulled out by your old Pathy.......

Just as funny as me giving the guy I bought my 95 from a Jump start in his new Yuk0n with his cables he left in my new Pathy......

:P Yeah, unless Jason decides to get a locker, skids, and a steering system...oh, and don't forget the crawler gears...that thing would never even have a chance to go where the X can go to get the chance to pull it out. :beer:

Plus, that's what self recovery winches are for :aok::lol:

Maybe he is an Expert Driver and does not need all the bells and whistles????

:lol:

The bells and whistles you need to run those trails are ONLY skids, steering, and a locker...and something bigger than 32's

Don't get me wrong...I loved my Pathy...and I've been wheeling for many years in all manner of modified trucks from mild to "how the hell did you pay for that?" ;)...but I also know its limitations, and those trails are above its limitations as the Pathy sits right now. If he wants to put on skids, steering, 33's and a locker, then by all means he can run those trails with the above and an aftermarket steering system. Or, and SAS would do the trick on some 35's to 38's ;)

That's the main reason I bought that X...becuase it can run those trails without me having to worry so much about something else going wrong ;)

:P Yeah, unless Jason decides to get a locker, skids, and a steering system...oh, and don't forget the crawler gears...that thing would never even have a chance to go where the X can go to get the chance to pull it out. :beer:

Plus, that's what self recovery winches are for :aok::lol:

Dont be too sure... my caR50 pulled out my X's Xterra plenty of times, and the X was done up way more than my grocery getter... :D I'm cheering for Jason & the pathy!

nice rig! glad yer enjoyin it :beer: also nice to see your pathy stickin around on the forums :) AND the fact you kept it nissan -bounce- brownie points for you :P