DO IT! DO IT NOW!

The Drift

Bio Diesel was at $3.00 by me yesterday. I payed $3.28 for regular, just to give you a perspective on the price variance there.

It's funny how $3.00 sounds cheap now lol.

you can make bio-desiel for under a 1.50 a gallon take some work but if you wanna tell the oil exec. to kiss your ass then thats they way to go

And where, pray tell, am I supposed to find E85 around here? I've never even seen it offered anywhere. BTW, regular is $2.85 or so here in Oregon.

The midwest, where nobody lives and corn country reigns...

you can make bio-desiel for under a 1.50 a gallon take some work but if you wanna tell the oil exec. to kiss your ass then thats they way to go

that's another yup. i talk to a guy on another forum that makes his just under a buck/gal. but there is also a penalty if you make too much. then you're commercial and you're screwed. they tax you to death and control your butt. it most likely all depends on the state. iirc ~2000ga/yl is the limit in CO.

that's another yup. i talk to a guy on another forum that makes his just under a buck/gal. but there is also a penalty if you make too much. then you're commercial and you're screwed. they tax you to death and control your butt. it most likely all depends on the state. iirc ~2000ga/yl is the limit in CO.

yeah I had just added cost due to inflation :lol:

I have a couple of friends here who run straight vegatable oil in their Nissan Patrols. Usually they run around a 50/50 mix with diesel but in summer one guy I know runs pure veg oil (in an RD28T I think) and it goes fine. Power is a tiny bit down but it costs half the price of diesel. It was kind of funny goung into a supermarket with him once and buying eight four litre bottles of veg oil. Certainly got us some weird looks at the checkout :D

I've not tried it on my Terrano yet as not diesels can run on it without it damaging the injection pump. Not sure if mine can or not so I'm not chancing it for now.

-Ed

I have a couple of friends here who run straight vegatable oil in their Nissan Patrols. Usually they run around a 50/50 mix with diesel but in summer one guy I know runs pure veg oil (in an RD28T I think) and it goes fine. Power is a tiny bit down but it costs half the price of diesel. It was kind of funny goung into a supermarket with him once and buying eight four litre bottles of veg oil. Certainly got us some weird looks at the checkout :D

I've not tried it on my Terrano yet as not diesels can run on it without it damaging the injection pump. Not sure if mine can or not so I'm not chancing it for now.

-Ed

whats the mpg's like???? :lol: or kpl???? :lol:

Edited by fordsho90

-Ed

I've read stories of people compaing their cars stunk of burning popcorn under full throttle, after installing the veggie oil conversion kit :lol:

I nearly ran out of diesel this morning but luckily was near a small store in a village so I bought a litre of veg oil just to get me to the gas station. The TD27T seemed to run fine on it. Idle was a bit lower but I didn't notice any difference in power and it ran smoothly. I might have to give it a more major test at some point.

I've no idea what kind of mileage you'd get. I'd wager it'd be marginally less than with diesel but probably not by much. It does stink a bit though. Even after putting another 30 litres of diesel in the tank the smell of cooking is still apparent :D

-Ed

Nahhh...

You gotta go the Micky-D's route!

Make friends with the manager of one (or more) of your local Heart-Attack-In-A-Sack places and offer to "dispose of their used veg oil for no charge." Then all you gotta do is filter it really well and you can re-use it.

You'll smell like french fries driving down the road, and you'll make everyone behind you in traffic crave french fries so the Grease-shack gets more business....

It's a win-win situation!