Slide Pin Question

ticker

I did the slide pin maintainance yesterday. It was definitely needed and I am hoping it cured the squeaky noise Ive been hearing. When I was putting the drivers side together I noticed that the rubber boots were different lengths. There was no mention of this in any of the write ups I've read, nor in my haynes manual. One had a 24 and the other a 28 on one end of the boot which I assume is the size. Anybody know which one goes where?

thanks

Caliper slide pin, and no, I have no idea. Best I could do is pull a wheel and try to look for the same identification. Do they both fit ? Is one slide pin exposed for a longer distance ? I assume we are talking mm here, so thats only .16" difference... :shrug:

B

Just did that this weekend, and both my old boots, and the replacement boots I bought were the same length. As long as the pins are being protected from the elements, I wouldn't worry about one being a bit shorter.

Whoa Filthy I thought my brakes looked like they were in rough shape.

B- everything fits fine and looks fine, it was just one of those things that made me wonder, It seemed like it affected the travel of the slide pin by just a little bit, of course I didn't notice this until they were off and mixed up as to what came from where. Just wanted to check with those in the know, every thing seems kosher so I'm not too worried.

Thanks for the response