Birthday present

navygz19

Need some feedback on this...

My wife's B-Day is approaching and I wanted to get her something different, so I decided on having a custom built sign made. I wanted something that has to do with being Italian (hence the wine) that we could hang in our living room as well as take camping with us, to hang on a tree at our campsites. I decided on this...The final product is going to be 8"X24", white pine, with a good varnish applied to it, so we can have it outside and in. What do you all think? Any other suggestions for a picture?

p.s. reason I chose the whole wine thing is because were alcoholics when it comes to Vino (atleast I am ;) )

8.jpg

Edited by navygz19

There that's better.

Yeah I was thinking about doing a sign for her to hang in the Kitchen, because she loves to cook. That would have been something like "Mary's Kitchen..." or some such sh!t. Then she said she really wanted something with our names on it for the front door, that's where I got this idea.

There that's better.

Yeah I was thinking about doing a sign for her to hang in the Kitchen, because she loves to cook. That would have been something like "Mary's Kitchen..." or some such sh!t. Then she said she really wanted something with our names on it for the front door, that's where I got this idea.

@!*% if she is down like then go for it :cool2:

maybe at least burn in the oulines of the letters and grapes and such. that would give the whole thing a little depth. are you making this or having someone make it? if you're having it made, maybe they can help you with the edges too.

Edited by mzxtreme

I'm at a loss...what do you recommend?

oh, i don't know.. just play with it.. my firts thought was, make the grapes on the left as the edge.. cut around them.. second was to make the edges look like a profile of wine glasses.. not sure if the latter would look that good but like i said play with it and post up.. there are some tallented folks here.. maybe they'll give you better ideas.

A recess copy of your wifes....equipment?

P...P...P...

I'd have ta kill 'ya, tho ;)

MZ you asked me before if it was 3D or flat. Does actually burning in these objects constitute being 3D? If so then yes, this is 3 dimensional because the grape outlines WILL be burned in, so will the lettering. And of course the wine will be red.

Having each edge be a side of a wine glass certainly would be interesting...

lol.. yeah, that's who i was thinking of too just wasn't gonna page her.. :P I am sure there are others though.. djdank perhaps?

Please don't get Max in here...he'll tell me to remove my right rear quarter panel, and graciously, with a sawzall cut "I Love You" from it. :unsure::lol:

P...P...P...

I'd have ta kill 'ya, tho ;)

MZ you asked me before if it was 3D or flat. Does actually burning in these objects constitute being 3D? If so then yes, this is 3 dimensional because the grape outlines WILL be burned in, so will the lettering. And of course the wine will be red.

Having each edge be a side of a wine glass certainly would be interesting...

yeah that's what i ment by 3D.

well, i guess she didn't have any ideas.. i did see her checking it out but no comment thusfar.

yeah, sorry, my creativity seems to have died a slow painful death.