1995 Pathfinder xe

Guest shaft

I believe this is the resistor problem that Denis had a write up/instructions for. If that is the case, it should be a real easy repair, and only cost a few dollars.

The Fix I posted one the original site is for the gas gauge and temperature control problem not the tachometer problem. although the tach problem seems to be a common problem as well. Just wanted to clarify so no one takes off in the wrong direction. sorry

I went to dealer got the part for eight bucks I donot know where find it to change it.

part number 24336-c9900 resistor assy-t dealer cannot find it on his computer.

Fuel and temp gauges and all dash lights work fine. Tach will work fine for a min move with shifts etc. and just cut out. somes times it will come back just die again.

1. if was a bad tach or back panel It my guess it work not act like that, that is why I think it's the resistor that is bad.

2. why can I find the word doc ?

Thanks for the help by the way I also have 99 pathy luv them both

S

I think you might have missed my previous post, this word document is for the fuel and temp gauge problem. This will not help you for the tach problem but If you still want to see this doc, you can go to nissanpathfinders.com andgo into the FAQ section under fuel and gas gauge repair.

I am curious what the dealer sold you. Did you explain your problem and specify that it was your tach and not fuel and temp gauge? I'm just wondering if they didn't give you the wrong part. :huh:

Let us know what you get.

Good luck,

Denis

Got my hands on 1995 wiring chart , It shows the resistor coming off a the T joint connection hooked up to the tach. The dealer found the part but did not have chart that showed the location of the part.

The resistor has white green wire in and red coming out of it. The joint t connector has w/g going to tach slot in the ECM module. The other side T connector goes to dash tach. the 3 side link of the T goes into resistor then a check connector.

Since my problem seems to be some form of power short I think it could be the resistor as in the gas/temp issue.

I wanted the word doc just check out how they did it for temp/gas problem maybe it is very close to what I have to do.

It seems to me the issues with 91-95 tachs all cannot be bad tachs which cost 400 bucks at the dealer, which is crazy. My tach works fine when it does which seems to lead in trying this part for eight bucks, just have find it to change it out.

I risk eight bucks on guess....

I cannot find the doc can post the link to it thanks.

S

• 1 year later...

Dennis love your detailed write up on replacing the voltage regulator for the fuel/temp gauge issue. :clap: I can't wait (wait a second, I can to) to give it a go on my '91. My regulator up and left on me last night. :furious:

M