Removal Of Grille

So im wanting to remove my front chrome grill and paint it graphite because there is no other chrome trim on the truck and it just kinda looks wierd to me. Has anyone ever taken off the grille? Is it a hard process if it is it may not be worth breaking the grill to just get a different color on it. Here is a pic, im just wanting to paint the chrome piece to match the center piece that comes as a graphite color stock.

100_0907-1.jpg

haven't looked into it yet, but i plan on painting mine soon. probably going to paint it black. i doubt it's a tough procedure though. if it is, just tape it off in the back with some newspaper so you keep paint away from the rad or what not.

haven't looked into it yet, but i plan on painting mine soon. probably going to paint it black. i doubt it's a tough procedure though. if it is, just tape it off in the back with some newspaper so you keep paint away from the rad or what not.

Yeah thats what I was thinking of doing. The main thing I couldnt figure out how to remove was the hood release mechanism. Its like popped into the grill support of something.

all i've done so far was pull the old horns and install new ones, but i don't recall the hood release being connected to the back of the grille. are there screws right behind the grille that will make for a simple release. that's how it usually is, and then the logos are held in by plastic push-in clips.

i took off my grille when changing all my headlights and other little things. there are some clips that are on the back of the grille that you have to just squeeze with pliers (i think) then pop one side out, do the other side...etc. its not hard dont worry about it being hard! :aok: definately post pics with your done i wanna see it!

-rob

Got it, the pop clips on the drivers side are a PITA to get too, and there is a clip on the hood latch thingy. But I got it off and painted, here are some pics of what it looks like. I think it turned out pretty well for some left over wheel paint and an hour of my time :)

100_1326.jpg

100_1327.jpg

100_1328.jpg

100_1329.jpg

100_1330.jpg

100_1333.jpg

100_1332.jpg

100_1334.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

its still an R50 :tongue:

Thank goodness! :D

Im sorry, I cant look at those pictures because theres a nasty foot in all of them...

lol, troll feet.

i was thinking of painting all of it black, myself. nissan emblem, chrome part, back part of the grille, and the rear emblems. my truck is green, then the back part of the grille is that dull silver, then the chrome emblems. rather just get them all black or something.

To take the emblem off, you are going to first want to buy body adhesive. Its not clipped on or screwed on. It's glued on. So yea...

Jose

Let me know if you figure out how to take off the Nissan Emblem on the front grille

i wasn't planning on taking it off. since i was going to spray everything black, i was just going to leave it. :whistle:

where do you do all your work? every picture i see from you (besides off road) your in a parking lot. just curious lol

The commuter lot at my college lol. Its a HUGE lot and it basically is abandoned over the weekend and pretty much only 1/4 full during the weekend. Its a big open area where we can rev our engines, spill oil and gas on the floor and not worry about anyone bothing us about it, or being nosy. The cops always come around and ask us what we are doing and they have come accustomed to us working out there now they just stop by and see what our latest job is. The campus cops here are pretty nice always complimenting us and never giving us a problem with anything we do. In fact while we were seafoaming my friends truck a cop came speeding over with his lights on cause he saw fumes coming from under the truck (cutouts) and though the truck was on fire :chairfall: Then we had to tell him what we were doing lol.

Here is a completed pic of the grill painted with the truck clean :D

100_1336.jpg

100_1338.jpg

Just buy the earlier SE grill...

formalweekend072.jpg

Eh, I like the look of the LE grille. It looks more sophisticated and like it belongs. Never liked the look of the SE grille looks kinda cheap to me, its the basis of most cheap car grilles today like the Focus, Cobalt, Versa ect.

That grille paint job looks really nice. Did you prime or sand the chrome prior to painting it? It didn't look like you did in the pictures. I'm wondering how long that job will last if you just sprayed right onto the chrome.

--Howie