How to get passenger side rear cargo panel off?

I'm installing trailer wiring on my 97, and got the driver side panel off and the wiring installed, but can't get the passenger side panel off. Right where there is that storage box, there seems to be something holding it all on, but I cant figure out what and can't get it detached. Also...I bought the factory wiring harness from nissan, and one side has 3 wires coming out, while the other side has only 2. Does it matter which plugs into which side? The wiring came with no directions at all. Thanks, -Chris

I havent had it RIGHT off, but I did yank it out enough to run wiring behind before, and pretty much that's all I did, was yank it out, and it let go of some of the (insert technical word that wont come to my feeble brain now for those little plastic whatzits that snap in on interior parts) came loose...

Need to do this on my 02, so printed up the sheets from the manual.

The right side has a metal clip (Type A) at the upper back (by the rear hatch) plus a C203 screw/clip in the bottom of that cubby in the storage box.

Hope this helps.

Have no clue about the wires.

I'm installing trailer wiring on my 97, and got the driver side panel off and the wiring installed, but can't get the passenger side panel off.  Right where there is that storage box, there seems to be something holding it all on, but I cant figure out what and can't get it detached.  Also...I bought the factory wiring harness from nissan, and one side has 3 wires coming out, while the other side has only 2.  Does it matter which plugs into which side?  The wiring came with no directions at all.  Thanks, -Chris

If it's like our australian ones the little black storage box in the bottom has a plistic clip in the bottom had to drill mine out as it's to hard to try to pull it out :secret:

Yeah, on the bottom of the storage bin, there's a little clip. Press down on the center of it with a small Phillips screwdriver, and pull the clip out. Then the box can be removed. After that, removal of the panel is the same as the driver's side.

Thanks for the help with the panel, I saw that little clip but didn't want to pry too hard since I wasn't sure it was supposed to be removed.

Now...any idea's with the wiring? I guess I could just do trial and error...but seems like I might short something out that way :huh:

If it is the factory wiring harness it should plug right in? That is how mine was, when I took my dad's hitch and factory wire harness from his pathy.

Edited by Trialsin26