Improvement with Shocks?

Ok, so I'm looking to get a set of Rancho RS 5000 or the RSX. Just a quick question. In comparison to the stock shocks/struts, what kinda difference in ride feel and performance can I expect after getting the Rancho?

Thanks, Joe

When I was researching shocks, I was told that the Rancho 5000s are a pretty harsh ride. If you go with the Ranchos, I'd look at the 9000 series. I ended up calling many offroad shops in addition to reading posts here and ended up going with the Old Man Emu shocks- should be here today -bounce-

I think they are mucho tougher than stock shocks and will take a trail beating well but I hear they are also mucho harsh on the roads/highways with not as much damping as 9000s, Bilsteins, or Old Man Emus.

I just ordered the 5000's because, well im poor as hell and they are half the 9000's. They are being installed right now so I will let you know how big the difference is. I really dont care how "harsh" the ride is, i think its uber soft as it is, I want something stiff

Yeah on a budget, the 5000's will be fine. I don't know what you are replacing but if they're stock then you'll definitely notice a difference. I have the 9000x's but I hardly need to adjust the shock because they are stiff enough where they're set at.

I should have the KYB struts and Old Man Emu shocks and springs on this Saturday. I've driven on the stock ones for 10,000 miles so I should be able to report a decent "Before and After" comparison once I drive on the new suspension for a day or two.

picked up my pathy today with the 5000's installed huge difference to stock. They are by no means harsh, but they are stiffer and I like em.

yep, good bye stock. Also got the bushings done, only cost me 130 bucks for all 4 bushings and shocks (labor price, ordered parts from 4x4 parts)