1995 SE, no heat. ?

mechanic58

The 95 SE I just recently picked up has no heat. The engine runs the correct temp and the heater core is connected and intact. Appears to be a blend door issue. How are they actuated? Vacuum or electric servo?

No under-dash vacuum controls on these. If your climate control panel has four levers, there's a cable (like a choke cable) going from that to the blend door. If you've got two sliders and a bunch of buttons, there's a servo. The HA section of the service manual has a troubleshooting section for both systems. Looking through diagnosis for the auto system, I really hope mine doesn't quit any time soon. :blink:

Looks like the manual system has a linkage to a valve to shut off the heater core. I assume the auto version has something similar. Something to check if the door isn't the problem and the core's not clogged.

If you haven't yet, clean out behind your resistor pack. I doubt it's why you've got no heat but both of mine were full of trash.

Mine has four levers so I assume its manual. The temp adj. slider has no resistance when I move it - perhaps the cable is broken or disconnected. Thanks for the info, Ill check it out.

Edited by mechanic58

I'm not sure but be prepared if it happens again. I have a long pair of needle nose pliers in the truck just in case. I tried to get a zip tie on the end of it once. No dice.

• Like 1