Front passenger wheel vibration

Petercan1020

Yesterday I started driving now let me just start off by saying every day I drive about a hundred to 300 miles so yesterday I'm driving about 65 miles per hour and every 4 seconds I would feel a little vibration nothing major in my wheel driving straight on the highway 4 seconds on four seconds off 4 seconds on 4 seconds off. Today I'm driving all day haven't felt anything but then again I really haven't gone over 50 miles an hour until I get on the highway and I spoke to him about 55 and all the sudden I can feel the vibration getting stronger and if I lower my speed it goes away about 55 miles an hour it starts about 53 miles an hour it goes away I'm worried that something's going to rip off could that be my ball joint and if so since I'm about 500 miles from my house do you think I'll make it

Sway bar end link would concern me... I had this happen and it drove me nuts trying to diagnose.

Also an out of balance tire could cause it. A broken belt also.

And it would be ultra funky symptoms for a slack wheel bearing but wouldn't write it off.

Can you afford to or be able to go to any shop with a lift that won't jerk you around and would let you

Check tires you can do that

Check lug nuts you can do that

wiggle your tires up down fore and aft. (A jack would get this)

after eliminating that rotate tires (not fun with 'a' jack)

Check front end over.

If you can't get to a shop, a jack a lug wrench and good common sense should eliminate the biggies and let you judge whether to drive her or not.

The four seconds on/four seconds off is interesting. Makes me think it's not an issue with the wheel, I've had some shaking issues from out of balance wheels (packed with snow) but those were constant once I got up to speed. +1 for jacking up that corner and giving the wheel a wiggle to check for joint or bearing issues.

How to replace my exhaust pipe a few days ago and had it up on the left and was looking at my book and I could see the boots I'm totally separated from the ball joint I had to play on the 12 and 6 of The Rim and also on the 9 and 3

The question is how much play. If someone else shakes the tire while you watch, then you can see the movement and tell if it is coming from the ball joints or wheel bearings. Do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel? Are you running in 4wd when you have the vibration?

Without seeing how much play you have, it is hard to make the judgement call of if you can make it home.

Also, punctuation makes it much easier to read your post.

Mine's done something similar to this for as long as I can remember. I figured it might be the bearings so I repacked them and it seemed to help a bit. I'm thinking at least in my case that it's just a whole bunch of failing parts compounding together to cause the wobble. Subframe rust can cause it as well, but mine doesn't seem to have any.

Edited by ChemExposure

This is my third Pathfinder they definitely Trust but this one is pretty good I just got it I paid $1,300 for it I've already put 5000 miles on it and really no problems but what I told you I bought the ball joints I have inner and outer tie rods I have new brake pads on there now have to get a new master cylinder I bought some bushings sway bar stabilizer bar for the front I really appreciate everybody's help I'll let you know what the outcome is when I change these parts

Realized it was all caused by a failed strut tower driver side didnt see it when i bought car a month ago now i see body that holds strut shifted and rotted thru hitting into my master cylinder anybody have any ideas what to do?