Aiv cat question

RIPB.88

Hey guys sorry if this isn't in the right place, but I couldn't find a thread with the aiv cat. The line that runs from the filter to the cat is split right where it should bolt to the cat. It sounds like a blowoff valve almost when I let off the throttle. I don't have to worry about emissions testing here so I've been pondering deleting it. What should I do with that line? Does it need to be crimped or sealed shut somehow? How much of that whole system can I remove? And lastly, does it make the exhaust any louder with the cat gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duplicate topic removed. Please ignore future Tapatalk errors when posting. Just refresh your view and you will find that the content was successfully posted.

If you bypass the AIV you can leave the line as it is. I removed it along with the emissions stuff though. It's only function is to inject fresh air into the cat.

And yes, the exhaust will be louder if you remove the cat.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

If you bypass the AIV you can leave the line as it is. I removed it along with the emissions stuff though. It's only function is to inject fresh air into the cat.

And yes, the exhaust will be louder if you remove the cat.

Have you noticed any performance improvements at all?