Do your doors auto lock?

AKdraws

In my rig, when the last door is closed, all the doors lock. (i learned not to forget the keys on the seat) I've never dealt with a vehicle that does this. Anyone elses' Pathfinder do the same? Very stumped...

It happens for a number of reasons.
Weak connections in the Door lock timer.
Broken hardware or sensor bracket inside the door that triggers the system when closed.
Faulty alarm system switch. (this can also cuase non-starts depending on which swithc is faulty.)

My solution was to repair the door switch AND remove the alarm system. Yeah I don't have use of the remote anymore but the doors & starter act like they should.

After forgetting my keys in the car countless times, I made a few copies and distributed them among my friends and family to help me bail out if am in need lol... :P

Back to the topic: Nope, mine does not auto lock

Regards,

DJ

It happens for a number of reasons.

Weak connections in the Door lock timer.

Broken hardware or sensor bracket inside the door that triggers the system when closed.

Faulty alarm system switch. (this can also cuase non-starts depending on which swithc is faulty.)

My solution was to repair the door switch AND remove the alarm system. Yeah I don't have use of the remote anymore but the doors & starter act like they should.

Thank you for the input. I'll replace the door switch but i might keep the alarm system. Is there a way to get a new key fob? is it worth it?

Like MY1PATH said, weak/faulty door lock timer is the most common culprit.

Welp, then I'll put it on the list. Because its pretty annoying how it auto locks. Although, now im used to it and its kinda nice lol

Thank you for the input. I'll replace the door switch but i might keep the alarm system. Is there a way to get a new key fob? is it worth it?

All the switches (open close) on hood doors, hatch and glass are tied to the alarm system.

The "Broken hardware or sensor bracket inside the door that triggers the system when closed." is a magnetic switch that clips to the inside of the door lock and is triggered when the key is turned. If its clip is broken it can sometimes trigger from bumps or doors being closed.

All the switches (open close) on hood doors, hatch and glass are tied to the alarm system.

The "Broken hardware or sensor bracket inside the door that triggers the system when closed." is a magnetic switch that clips to the inside of the door lock and is triggered when the key is turned. If its clip is broken it can sometimes trigger from bumps or doors being closed.

Yup, my locks do exactly that. Bumps, off roading ect they go off. Thank you very much. Your advice has been most helpful.

Until you remember that yer keys are on the seat. D'Oh!!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

It's happened before!! Luckily my window was down.

• 2 weeks later...