$25 do it your self intake (MUST FOR 3" BODYLIFT)

Balln

I can't believe I am posting this but the addition of the air box mod with the exhaust did feel like it gave me a little more power from 3k-5k, which I really don't use often. It did nothing for the bottom end 1k-3k, but did add a slightly noticeable increase at high rpm. If I had to throw a inaccurate guess I'd say my maximum whp went from 115-120 to about 125. I'll see if I can sneak a free dyno run at my friends place.

Edited by MadMax2

• 6 months later...

Is it a bad thing that I drilled out the part on the throttle body that prevents the throttle plate from opening all the way? I was cleaning my TB and noticed that the throttle plate does not open all the way when turning the throttle cables... so i drilled it out a bit so it can open almost all the way - would there be any negative effects of doing this? I've alreay noticed an increase in throttle response after cleaning it and WOT is a lot better! The inside of the intake manifold however is forking nasty eh......... blehg thoughts? thinking of doing the intake mod to my 95 as the plumbing to get air into the airbox is just very restrictive....

Only negative effect I can imagine is if that stop was supposed to prevent the TPS from overextending. Since there's kind of a stop under the pedal I doubt this would be an issue. The throttle response is likely more due to cleaning it than anything (I should do that on mine one of these days) but do keep us posted if anything comes up.

Yea we'll see how it does after I seafoam it this week - waiting for 2 cans of seafoam and one can of seafoam spray...... im going to spray the whole can inside the intake and put some in the fuel...... but can't find the vacuum hose to use to suck it into the crank case or should I Just pour it into the oil filler cap?

So has anyone tried just a drop in K&N filter instead of the original paper filter.

As I am looking at some sort of intake in the future and this thread is really helping me decide what is best.

Both my friend and I have the drop in filters, mine is K&N and my friends is Fram IIRC. I didn't notice any significant difference in power or noise, but I wouldn't expect to since I don't run clogged paper filters and no modifications were done to the box. It's more for the cleanability and not filling up the local land fill with disposable filters...

B

Yes I'm wondering how to reduce the amount of restrictive plumbing that the air has to take just to get to the filter....... not big on K&N (I had one on my NSX and had to clean it all the time).... and of course it has to pass visual inspection in CA is ridiculous so it has to look OEM.......

Yes, many...

Not trying to be the 'Go search' jerk, but there are many threads on that here already.

Yes I'm wondering how to reduce the amount of restrictive plumbing that the air has to take just to get to the filter....... not big on K&N (I had one on my NSX and had to clean it all the time).... and of course it has to pass visual inspection in CA is ridiculous so it has to look OEM.......

The best solution I can think of to keep the OEM appearance it MY1PATH's hidden snorkel (hint, there is a thread on it). :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought even in Cali they only care about what comes after the MAF, you could put on a cone filter or run no filter if you wanted...

There is nothing regarding smog or engine control that plumbs into the air box. :shrug:

B