Best pathy junkyard

AndyC

I am in the Tacoma area, any advice as to the best junkyard to go diving in around here? Prices seem to have skyrocketed lately after pull a part became pick and pull. Frustrating!

I forgot the name but there is a place in spanaway/ south hill area that did me good. Bought a tail lense for 25 and he gave me 2to free tickets and parking for king fair. He was closed that day also just hit him at the right time and mood. I found it SOUTH AUTO AND TRUCK. I even took back a part that I did not need and he gave me credit. last time I was there he had just 2 1st gen and a few 2nd gen

• 3 weeks later...

Pick-A-Part, in Tumwater - I am a regular there, your not going to find new vehicles there but they have flat rate prices that are well below most everyboty else. They normally have several Pathfinders in the yard, though the last time I was there (maybe a month ago) it was slim pickings.

I5 Auto Wrecking, south of Chehalis - Been there twice, walked out hppy both times. Limited experience with them, but so far good.

Roy Y Auto Wrecking, in Spanaway - Hit and miss in my experience

B&R Auto Wrecking, in Graham (Formerly Meridian Auto Wrecking) - Bought my engine from them, deal was good until after I picked it up. I bought a complete engine w/TB and no core charge or return required. When I picked it up the TB was not atached but the guy who handled the pick up grabbed it off the shelf for me All went well until... the guy who quoted me the original price called a couple days later and expected me to bring the TB back or pay an extra $150 AND pay $150 core charge. Yeah sure, I'll get right on that :rolleyes:

Keep in mind, that was a long time ago and it is now B&R, who seem to have different prices from store to store :shrug:

Few other places, but nothing of any real note.