Parking Brake Light Randomly Coming on

01silvapathy

So the past few days my parking brake light has been randomly coming on mainly during acceleration. I know the brake is no actually enguaged but it still annoying. Even when you pull the handle up and put it back down the light stays on. Im thinking that the cable might just be loose and need to be tightened? Is it easy to do?

Check the brake fluid level if you haven't yet.

See BR-31 for the adjustment procedure, it's very easy. Also lube where specified on page BR-30.

If that doesn't help, perhaps the warning lamp switch is malfunctioning. See what happens when you press on it with your finger. Inspect its wiring if you can, or swap it out with a junkyard part.

Edited by Towncivilian

• 7 months later...

Your brake pads were almost worn out. my light was doing the same thing not too long ago.

Changed the pads and what do you know the light went away.

Stumbled across this old thread, looking for help, on a different matter

Seeing that it wasn't answered, i thought i will fill in!

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123
  • Like 1

So the past few days my parking brake light has been randomly coming on mainly during acceleration. I know the brake is no actually enguaged but it still annoying. Even when you pull the handle up and put it back down the light stays on. Im thinking that the cable might just be loose and need to be tightened? Is it easy to do?

The parking brake light in Pathfinders is also the "Brake Fluid Low" Light. Your brake fluid is low, which would explain why when you acceslerate, the light comes on. The fluid moves and the sensor turns on the light...