BEST HEADERS FOR A PATHY

Slick

WHAT HEADERS DO YOU THINK ARE BEST?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT HEADERS DO YOU THINK ARE BEST?

• 1) Thorley
    • 2) Pacesetter
    • 3) Other

What I meant by my last post was this... it will cost me about $100 MORE to piece a cat back system together, than it would to be able to buy the WHOLE system. As I need a catalytic converter... it is a PITA and expensive to piece 3 different maufacturers parts together. I heard the Borla system b 4 I ordered it... and OMG.... I almost fainted with joy! :bow:

M.M.

After you put your headers on, did you find it easier to change your oil filter? Trying to save myself from getting a relocation kit if I don't have to.

What are your thoughts?

Rich

Relocate, relocate, relocate. Check my domain page in my sig to see where I stuck it. With the Thorley's, it's actualy a bit tighter now than before, and I'm glad I put the kit in. It was only like 35 or 40 bucks from summit for the perma-cool kit, 88 has found them even cheeper on ebay. In my mind, its a solid investment, plus you can add an oil cooler while your at it, and do you engine a huge favor.

:clap: yes. I will be relocating fer sure. The oil filter is a PITA as it is to get out.. without having the afdtermarket headers in the way. Good investment I think. :aok:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

While on topic, does anyone have any pictures of ANY WD21 headers? I'm planning on trying to fit some type of header in my R50, but haven't decided whether the SLRs for the Xterra or Thorleys for the WD21s would be a better bet.

While on topic, does anyone have any pictures of ANY WD21 headers? I'm planning on trying to fit some type of header in my R50, but haven't decided whether the SLRs for the Xterra or Thorleys for the WD21s would be a better bet.

you talkin stock manifolds or thorleys? here's my thorleys......

ThorleysArrive2105.jpg

and stock manifolds......

ManifoldsAfterRemoval.jpg

Thanks Slick !

:beer:

B

:takebow: i found aarons post with the sizes here in the garage section. i KNEW it had been recently posted. and sure enuff. there it was. :D glad i could help :beer:

Slick - the headers will likely ship direct to you from Thorley. And likely well before what Summit has posted. They just post what they are being told by Thorley.

For reference, I paid $60 for the cat, under $50 for Dynomax muffler (both from Summit), and $200 for a VERY impressive install from header flange to behind rear wheel. All hand bent, perfect fit, 2.5" pipe, all welded joints (except from header flange to pipe). That's right, $300 total.

Slick - the headers will likely ship direct to you from Thorley. And likely well before what Summit has posted. They just post what they are being told by Thorley.

For reference, I paid $60 for the cat, under $50 for Dynomax muffler (both from Summit), and $200 for a VERY impressive install from header flange to behind rear wheel. All hand bent, perfect fit, 2.5" pipe, all welded joints (except from header flange to pipe). That's right, $300 total.

actually, i asked summit if they were coming factory direct and they said no.... they did ship direct from summit. which is probably why i got mine a month ahead of time. :D

• 2 months later...

I live in S.Cal too; where did you go to get the install done ? THANKS --GLENN