NPORA Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Local time: 08:39 AM
  • Model:XE
  • Year:1995

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

Ok so my 95 pathy has the door ajar light on and while I'm driving it flickers on and off so the auto door locks will not lock. Also I can't leave the dome light on because the "door ajar" makes the dome light stay on. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it? If I disconnect the door sensors will that mess anything else up? I tried the other day but I just couldn't get the little suckers to come apart.

#2 OFFLINE   Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

NPORA Old-Timer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts
  • Local time: 09:39 AM
  • Model:SE

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

Sounds like a bad door sensor to me, I've heard the sensor for the rear hatch (if yours has one, mine doesn't) often goes bad. If it's a door one it's probably driver's door, just because it gets the most wear. It could also be a bad connection somewhere in the wiring, but check the door sensor first. I've never had one apart so I'm no help there, but I don't imagine it would screw stuff up. They're just on/off switches, door opens and they're on, so unplugging them would be like shutting the door. But I'm assuming, again, never having had one apart.

#3 OFFLINE   Trogdor636

Trogdor636

Durp!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Model:SE Offroad
  • Year:1994

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:56 AM

Hatch sensor. I went through this a couple months ago. Do a search, there should be lots of threads and the fix.

#4 OFFLINE   westslope

westslope

NPORA Fulltime Resident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Year:1993

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:44 AM

I had the dealer lift the driver door not so long ago. It was sagging slightly.

After that, the dome light would flicker on during a hard right turn. The switch in the lower door frame was working perfectly.

I solved the problem by adding a small clear rubber bumper with glue backing to the inside corner of the driver door that makes contact with the dome light switch. It is normally used to protect furniture.

#5 OFFLINE   95PathfinderSE

95PathfinderSE

NPORA Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 PM
  • Model:SE

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:50 AM

I had the same problem with my 95 Path. I fix the problem by unpluging the ajar door sensor. Very EZ with a flat screw driver carefully unclip the ajar door plastic panel. Once the panel is off stick you're hand & reach the lock, you I'll fill a single cable attach to the lock just pull & unplug it, problem fixed. The only problem wich isn't a big issue for me is that the dome & kick panels lights won't turn on by opening the ajar door.

#6 OFFLINE   crue313

crue313

NPORA Regular

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Local time: 08:39 AM

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

thanks for the help everyone. I think it might be the rear hatch sensor so I'm going to try and disconnect it and see if it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to NPORA Forums

Please REGISTER to gain full access to the forum.

Make sure you read the Forum Guidelines and don't forget to post a new intro in the New People Start Here! section, to say hi too everyone.

-NPORA