Door ajar light flickers

crue313

Ok so my 95 pathy has the door ajar light on and while I'm driving it flickers on and off so the auto door locks will not lock. Also I can't leave the dome light on because the "door ajar" makes the dome light stay on. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it? If I disconnect the door sensors will that mess anything else up? I tried the other day but I just couldn't get the little suckers to come apart.

Sounds like a bad door sensor to me, I've heard the sensor for the rear hatch (if yours has one, mine doesn't) often goes bad. If it's a door one it's probably driver's door, just because it gets the most wear. It could also be a bad connection somewhere in the wiring, but check the door sensor first. I've never had one apart so I'm no help there, but I don't imagine it would screw stuff up. They're just on/off switches, door opens and they're on, so unplugging them would be like shutting the door. But I'm assuming, again, never having had one apart.

I had the dealer lift the driver door not so long ago. It was sagging slightly.

After that, the dome light would flicker on during a hard right turn. The switch in the lower door frame was working perfectly.

I solved the problem by adding a small clear rubber bumper with glue backing to the inside corner of the driver door that makes contact with the dome light switch. It is normally used to protect furniture.

I had the same problem with my 95 Path. I fix the problem by unpluging the ajar door sensor. Very EZ with a flat screw driver carefully unclip the ajar door plastic panel. Once the panel is off stick you're hand & reach the lock, you I'll fill a single cable attach to the lock just pull & unplug it, problem fixed. The only problem wich isn't a big issue for me is that the dome & kick panels lights won't turn on by opening the ajar door.