Any one else end up with AntiVira AV on their comp?

MaritimeMan

I some how managed to get this POS software on my comp, and it happened while I was cruising the boards here. Basically a BS pop up box says you're infected, yada yada, but from what I researched, it doesn't matter what you click, it installs any how. The damn thing changes your home page, creats pop-up any time you try to open prog's sayingthey're infect and blocks them, blocks the function of all your anti-malware and anti-virus programs, turns your inter-webs into a proxy server, as well as having keyloggers an all sorts of other fun stuff imbedded. Basically it took safe mode and about 6 hours to get it off my computer. Thank god I had a iPhone I could look stuff up with. Any how, I was just wondering if any one else got this, and to give a warning, as it sounds like this is a fairly new one, so update yo shiznit.

Have not seen anything, it's possible that you got it before/from another site and it just happened to make it self seen for the first time while you where here.

But the heads up is nice, I remember years ago the WD21Forums was infecting computers, Aaron tracked it down to a small bit of code that had somehow been added to a page on the forum. Let us know if you see anything else.

And everyone else, if something happens.. POST UP!