OFFICIAL NPORA T-SHIRTS THREAD

DSM_guy

ok, first things first. guys, i ran into some....semi-major computer problems today. for those of you who might know a little bit about laptops or LCD screens...my backlight on the screen died about 30 minutes ago. the only way i can see is if i skim a bright light across the screen and help illuminate the background i guess. so, here i am, barely able to see anything, with my desk lamp resting over my computer screen. but never to fear, untill i decide on getting the part fixed (thank god its just a module and not the entire screen). i can hook up a regular screen monitor and everything will work fine, since its not so much a problem with the computer as it is with the screen. so, i will have the computer back up and fully running next monday. i have a spare screen sitting at home (im at college now) and ill be going home this next weekend.

on to some other stuff. ill play around with suggestions once im back up. but a quick couple things...as far as types of shirts. i think it would be nice to have both regular t's and long sleeve..thats not a problem, if you guys want pocket t's, we may have to shrink the front logo down or something for those. i dunno how many takers we will have for those...but you wont catch me on one hahaaa. polo shirts...really arent for silk screening. if we wanted to see about getting some polo's embroidered over the left chest or somethig with a simple logo...but i dont know that silkscreening and polo shirt should be used in the same sencance haha. well, later guys, hope im back in action soon!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! You guys really made my night! LMFAO @ the "long hair" version of shirts! As long as they promote the Pathfinder..lmao..I will support most anything (besides teh jab @ Jeepers thing). LOL. Best laugh I had alllllllllll night. I needed that! I really like the black t with the "find your own path" slogan though. Count me in! I know...seemingly being the only chick in NPORA..I can take the jokes n jibes..lol. :clap:

no no, polo shirts arent a "bad" idea, they are just a bit misplaced in this thread heh. id wear a polo with just the logo or something embroidered small in the front. but they just arent meant to be silkscreened...which is the topic of this thread :P

maybe for our next project we can do polo's

I am all for the front design of Mark's and the last back design by DSM_guy. I do not like the front pocket idea for me personally. I would go for a white shirt and maybe a beige color shirt with the black design.

Good work guys, keep it up :clap:

well, on sunday/monday ill have my monitor, so i can start work back on the design. i think i wanna go ahead and do the suggested by putting the web site in the gravel/sandy area...as as to clean up the design a bit. ill need to work a bit on the front logo and cut out the background.

some things that need to get done before orders are taken are (1) we still dont have a screener to do so, (2) we need to find out what kinda program then need to input the data to the machine (most use in design), (3) we need to get a price set for the shirts as well as shipping, and lastly, we have to have someone running the whole business of taking money and mailing shirts. all this need to get done before we even think about taking orders.

oh, and i see you guys like the more toned down pic of the pathy leaping like i have on the black shirt...do you think yall would like the same image on the white/lighter t's...or do yall still wanna go with the straight black and white high contrasty one?

I'm all for the grayscaled image on the black (as above) and the high-contrast on the white. I still like the idea of offering grey, red green and navy tees as well. I'll take the URL either way...

Sorry I can't help with the screening at this end. It'd double the cost per tee to get them printed in Oz and shipped everywhere else. They probably need to be screened in the US or Canada.

DSM, If I can help any more, let me know. I have a prog which is good at converting file-types for images. It has it's limitations but it's pretty good.

Cheers,

I will see if I can get some info on screening this weekend - I live in Boston. There might be good competition for better prices since there are likely to be many places here.

I am only going to ask for prices on the following:

Colors:

-Black

-White

-Grey

Shirts:

-Short Sleeve

-Long Sleeve

Quantity:

-50 (Based on NPORA Poll)

-100+

I will also need to find out what to do in the future if we have more orders coming there way (ie. do they keep a copy of the design for a year...etc).

Talk to you all later...

~Jason

:blink: I am sooooooooooooooo glad my "long hair" t-shirt suggestion amused everyone. Remind me NEVER to write in a forum DRUNK ever again! LMAO. Yes, I will wear my hair up when wearing my NPORA tee with pride.

I like the last posted tee...awesome work!! Count me in for some black tee's! :clap:

i dunno, id stay away from cafe press. seems like they are all for the masses and are for handling large quantities of production. i dont see that here. i figure just a regular screener will do us just fine

ok, here are the new backs with the suggested mods. lmk

npora_shirt_4.jpg

npora_black_shirt.jpg

The most comfortable t-shirt ever! Our 100% cotton, Hanes Tagless T is preshrunk, durable and guaranteed.

inferior?

Yes, I have purchased T-Shirts through them before and it fell apart after only a few washes. The screening is poor quality, and the shirts are essentially undershirts.