90-95 Auto Transmission

PATHRIDER

hey guys im thinking of doing my wifes transmission and could anybody tell me how difficult this job is and what should I look for in buying a used transmission from a junkyard? I read somewhere on here that if I get a transmission off of a lets say a 92 and my pathy is a 94 that I should change the module too..i havent got a clue what that is...Can you guys please tell me what else I need to be pulling off the donor truck when I pull the transmission?

Thanks guys

I have just finished building mine, but I haven't got it back in yet (pulled engine too).

I would not recommend it unless you have some transmission experience, luckily for me my buddy had built several Chevy trannys.

He and I agree we would never do it again due to the fact we had a lot of trouble finding a good valve body.

I have never read anything on here about the valve bodies however we kept finding damaged plungers etc.

If I have any more tranny issues I will be converting to a manual trans.

Good info, but I think he is refering to simply swapping in a working autotranny.

I have not done this myself, but you should get the transmission computer along with the auto tranny if possible. The closer to the same manufacturer date, the less likely it is an issue, I presume. An auto tranny from a 2 door can be problematical as the sensors/connectors are not the same (ecu is different?)?? sc88pathy has a thread on this.

The 94-95 have electronic speedos, not cable driven. I'm not sure where the VSS is located, but if it is in the tranny, that could be an issue also.

B

The 94-95 have electronic speedos, not cable driven. I'm not sure where the VSS is located, but if it is in the tranny, that could be an issue also.

B

It's mounted outside on the right, toward the rear. Be carefull when handling the trans, as the sensor can snap off.

Mine was gone when I got the truck. I'm guessing it was taken out by seither some sort of road debris, like a gator, or by sliding over a rock (doubtfull, as the last owners didn't seem to be into the off-road thing).

I have pics on here somewhere...