Oil Change

Eneas30

I dunno.....after reading this link i will move away from FRAM and switch to NAPA, Mobil One, Bosch or Purolator only.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

as a "result of Pennzoil aquiring Quaker State" i will no longer be using any Quaker State products.

Only Valvoline or Mobile One oils.

Picked up a mobil 1 filter and 5w30 mobil 1 synthetic oil today will probably change it tomorrow or Tuesday.

Can you really go 15000 miles on 1 oil change with this stuff?

Edited by skywhr

Picked up a mobil 1 filter and 5w30 mobil 1 synthetic oil today will probably change it tomorrow or Tuesday.

Supposedly you can, but I change it at 10,000kms. Using mobil 1 supersyn 5w50 and a fram tough guard filter.

So long as you never intend to use your warranty on the vehicle...then go for it!

But seriously, do you really want to leave that oil in your engine for that long? Will the oil filter withstand it?

To a 15,000 mile oil change interval I say a big fat no! lol but then again, it's not my car ;) Besides, your going to have to keep an eye on the oil level after awhile, buy a quart every now and again to top it off and replace the oil filter in that period perhaps once or twice. The only reason I see people do this is to save money. If you can afford an 07 Pathfinder...you can afford to take proper care of your vehicle with regular scheduled oil changes :)

I hope that didn't come out the wrong way LOL