Here's a New One...Pending and Active DTCs?

vengeful

Here's one I've never seen before...

My MIL has been on FOREVER, and I usually just dismiss it because of my never-ending EVAP issues - and I knew what the codes were. Well, I ran them again today just to make sure nothing new popped in, and so I know what parts/tools I need to get so I can fix it to get my truck smogged and registered before my registration runs out...yeah...hush!

Well....There's nothing really out of the ordinary, and nothing unexpected.

It had your typical PO440 EVAP code, and my standard two O2 sensor codes, and the ubiquitous Knock Sensor P0325 code....

Now, this is where things get strange....I've been having idle problems since last summer (along with a bad fan clutch, but thats another story....shut up! I know I should fix it!!)

The Idle problem is stemming from the IACV-AAC valve, which is triggerin the DTC P0505 code (IACV-AAC or Circuit Malfunction....REAL DESCRIPTIVE!!!)....

But....it also shows up with that code as Pending. Wait a corn-flabbing minute here!! How can something be 'Active' and 'Pending' at the same time?? But that's not all....the P0325 is showing up as 'Active' and 'Pending' simultaneously, as well!!

Now...this leads me to believe that the problem is someplace else...perhaps within the ECU itself...

Any ideas?

:confused: