Biggest Tires with no lift.

Guest Lowtide

Guest Lowtide

I have a 1996 Pathy 4x4 XE. I want to put on the biggest offroad tires I can get without a lift. What would be the best size, brand? What is the cost? Pictures would be appreciated!

Edited by Lowtide

Guest Lowtide

I drive to a lot of fishing spots where I encounter dirt, bumps, water and sand. I just want a bigger tire that will make my pathy a little more burly. I don't know anything about tires and sizes.

Why not lift it? it's really not that much. With a lift you could obviously put on bigger tires. If you arenot going to lift it I'd do 265/70/16. If you want an all terrain, I think BFG is the best, I think their mud terrain is pretty damn good too. Just look around and see what style you like. :D

I have a 1996 Pathy 4x4 LE. I want to put on the biggest offroad tires I can get without a lift. What would be the best size, brand? What is the cost? Pictures would be appreciated!

If that's your Pathy in your avatar, that's an XE, not an LE. LE's were the "lux" models, with leather, wood grain, chrome bling, etc.

If your Pathy has the wheels shown in your avatar pic, then the biggest tire that will safely fit without rubbing is 30x9.5R15. To fit a 30x10.50R15 (the largest that will fit and not rub on stock suspension) you'd have to get new 15x7 or 15x8 wheels.

Guest Lowtide

Thanks for the correction. I couldn't remember. Mine is 4wd. Is the XE 2wd only or is mine an SE?

Edited by Lowtide

Guest 97LEnewbie

ill be honest with u i have 265/75/16 on 16x8 rim w/ 4 inch offspacing, w/ stock suspension and only rub when i have to cut the wheels real hard, but i need to trim the flape just a bit

ill be honest with u i have 265/75/16 on 16x8 rim w/ 4 inch offspacing, w/ stock suspension and only rub when i have to cut the wheels real hard, but i need to trim the flape just a bit

Your 32's fit because of the rims. They push the tire out away from the struts.

Guest csm101

I have 265/65-17's on my stock 17x8" wheels and never rub. But with your wheels I dont know. Most people say a 31/10.50 tire will fit and not rub the fenders. The hard part depending on the wheels you have is clearing the strut.