Radiator Stud

ok i finally got my pathy back on the road after a haveing to wait for the crank pulley to come in so i could finish my t-belt water pump t-stat etc job. anyway when i put her back together i broke a plastic stud on the bottome of the radiator which goes int a rubber grommet attached to the body. now if you ar under the truck you can move the radiator like an inch or so both ways and i am a little worried about this. i think i am going to rig something up with heavy duty wire or something for the time being but i want a permanent fix have any of you guys run into this problem? if so what did you do. oh and it is the stud on the right side of the radiator if you are under the truck rught under teh lower radiator hose. please any help is much appreciated. :bow:

:blink: man this topic is dead, i could not find anything in the search either. so gues i will just rig it with bailing wire for now. i feel like i am talking to myself.....not good :crazy:

Yeah, sorry. I actually pondered this for a few seconds. Were you able to salvage the broken piece? Hi-Temp Epoxy?? Permatex (usually found at auto part stores) offers all kinds of adhesives and sealants, including a radiator repair (although this is usually to plug small holes).

i thinks the stud is still in the rubber grommet but not positive. and yeah i did think of the epoxy, (did not know they made high-temp though) and what i wonder is if it will stand up to the vibration????? guess it is worth a try. thanks