Another will these wheels fit thread

gxl90rx7

my 92 XE pathfinder has the chrome rims, and i want to go a little wider, but keep the stock ride height. after doing some searching, ive found out the stock chrome rims are 15"x6" with a backspacing of 4.75".

I found a set from US Wheel with a size of 15"x8" with a backspacing of 4.75". So according to those numbers, the new rims should stick out 2" further than stock, and still have 6mm positive offset so its not to bad for the bearings. Im planning on running 31"x10.5" BFG A/T tires with them.

Anybody have a similar setup? Will the extra 2" outer width rub the mud flaps or fender flares? Thanks for the help!

the more bs there is the closer they stick in, that sounds like a lot of bs, 3.75 sould be good, or 4 if u want

here is a site with 15x8 wheel with proper lug pattern and 3.75 bs, they are black steelies so i dont know what look u want, there is no pic but if u go back a page there is

http://www.tirepackage.com/detail.asp?type...ber=PCW152-5883

oh and with 31X10.50's you wont need new wheels, 31s were options for our trucks

good luck :beer:

Edited by FLApathy

well i went ahead and ordered them. ive seen pics of pathys with 15x8 and 4" backspacing (-12mm offset), but i dont like how the wheels stick out so far. I want a wider stance, but not that wide. plus ive heard negative offsets are bad for the bearings, etc.

I measured the stock backspacing on mine, and it is just under 5", so i think the 4.75 backspacing should be fine. Ill post pics when in get them. thanks for the tips!

4" backspacing won't put THAT much stress on the bearings or steering...the real killer is when you look at the width of the tire you're putting on...10.50 you're fine, 11.50 is OK...it's when you hit 12.50 wide tires and beyond that you start to really stress the hell out of your steering, shafts, and well, bearings should be repacked often (especially if you wheel it often...ideally after every trip, but that can be a pain in the ass...so about every 5k miles should suffice). 4.75" bs is fine for what you're doing, as I believe that's just about stock anyways (I think it's 5" bs if I remember correctly)...good luck with it all.....and repack those bearings anyways :P;)

Pics! The wheels and tires came in today, and i got them installed. They fit perfectly, not sticking out to far, but a lot wider than stock. The only problem is they rub a little at the bottom front of the fender flare.

100_0252.jpg

100_0251.jpg

ill have to go get a pic...but i took off the lower valence corners (below front bumper) bent up the center valence, and cut the lower fender flare to match. it looks great in my opinion...and killed that rubbing problem.

sam

looks nice... kinda (exaclty)like mine. i like it but i'm running 30's :(

where on the us wheels site does it tell you backspacing.. i have been looking for those rims with as close to 5" of BS as possible.. pro comp only has them in 3.75 (which is what i have now) and they said they can make some cutom ones with 4.5" but prolly won't be able to get more than that out of it.. so what ever info you can give me about these rims wuold be great i wanna run the black rims on 32's w/ my lift.. hopfullt won't be too much trouble.. looks good though.. better than mine.. you have bigger tires :(

Edited by SteeevO

I ordered them from summit racing:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku

shipping was very fast, i ordered them on wednesday, they came in friday. shipping was free too!

anyway, I think the biggest backspacing they had available at summit for the 15x8 wheel was 4.75, they also have 4 and 3.75. Im sure if you used the lower backspacing, you would definately have to trim the heck out of your fender flares, if you have them

oh yeah, i weighed them out of curiosity before i got the tires put on them, and they came in at about 28 lbs a piece. Pretty heavy, but i suppose thats expected with a steel rim.

Edited by gxl90rx7