Keyless Entry Not Working

ninoj

I never had a keyless entry remote or fob when I purchased the car 2 years ago. I went to the dealer to pick one up and they were unable to program the keyless entry remote.

I went to another dealer and he had the same problem and were not able to program it is well. I am thinking there is a problem with the Theft/Locking, keyless entry (dash left side) computer box.

Do you think this would warrant replacing it or should I try something else?

Edited by ninoj

:hide: Are there other ways to tell what model of pathy i have. my pathy was rear ended before so i cannot find any identifying symbols I have been told it was an SE but i want to be sure.

List your features here and I will try to help you figure it out. Like power windows, sunroof.....

:hide: Are there other ways to tell what model of pathy i have. my pathy was rear ended before so i cannot find any identifying symbols I have been told it was an SE but i want to be sure.

Give us pics and we will be able to tell...

Would you know the model of keyless fob I would need?

Model 01/A?

My Pathfinder actually has an Infinti QX4 fob. The PO did it; they basically look the same, but the Infiniti one has chrome on the bottom ring and has an Infiniti logo.

Your Pathfinder definitely had keyless from the factory.

My fob doesn't say the model on it though...You're completely sure the batteries are good?

SE came with bigger stock tires then the XE. 265 70 r15.

• 4 weeks later...

Dam sorry I forgot about this thread and the fact that I asked a question. I am curious if there is a way to tell if my pathy had keyless entry. I could not figure out what model it was as it has been in a couple of wrecks so no badges but the stock wheel size was 235x65/15 according the the sticker in the door jam. So I assume it is an XE?? Still not sure. I just wonder this because when I bought the truck it had an aftermarket alarm with keyless entry. I had to have the aftermarket alarm removed due to complications with the stock alarm. So the keyless entry buttons I had were from the aftermarket alarm ont the stock ones. Ok I am going to shut-up now as I am probably confusing everybody along with myself. any help with my situation would be great. Thanks