EL Glow instrument gauges

v6engine

:blink: effective? the only thing they affect is your vision. if you like bright lights n bling, then by all means get them. if you trhink they'll enhance performance...

j/k. i have seen those gauges in other vehicles and they are.. for lack of a better word.."pretty"......

i would buy them...but i want it in KM/H :P and those gauges dont fit mine at all?? and i have a 92. and what slick you dont like that look. i think it makes your car look more "new"

i would buy them...but i want it in KM/H :P and those gauges dont fit mine at all?? and i have a 92. and what slick you dont like that look. i think it makes your car look more "new"

lol. if i wanted my truck to look "more new" then i wouldn't bash the crap out of it in the bushes off road.... and i would polish it more than once every 3 years..... and i would stop trying to make it "uglier"......... :P

I mean "effective" as in giving a good contrast at night and not giving off lots of glare in your face. I have never seen them before.

umm.. as long as you don't have your dash lights set to full blast you'll be fine. it is a nice soft glow for sure. my friend had them in his truck (not pathy)....

i got some.. i installed them with plans of not using the indaglow crap and cut the wires off for it. the stock dash lights arent bright enuff to glow through the gages, so it only looks good in the day time, and can barely see the numbers on em at night. NOW, i need a new gage cluster, because i messed up and broke the little needle things that sop the tachs from falling down. IF its done right, i think it would look good tho.

IM000772.jpg

Edited by Kn0xville

That looks like a nice enhancement. How hard was it for you to remove the instrument cluster and do the swap Kn0xville? If it is a straight forward job, I might consider getting one.

its actually pretty simple, IF you can get the tacks off! i couldnt pull the needles off mine and ended up screwing them up. the cluster itself comes apart pretty easily tho. Also, you'll have to get your original black gauges off, putting the new ones over top of them makes it to thick and the needles will get hung up on em. But is a really simple job if you can get the needles to come off. Also, my gauge cluster has 2 trip odometers (beside each other) those white face gauges only have one trip odometer, (in the center) so i had to cut and fill a little. I wanna do it all over again.. just gotta wait and find a new cluster and not screw it up.