Does it fit?

Pathfinder-jay

looks like this grille guard is mounted using the carriage bolts holding your front bumper to the bumper brackts...I'm not sure if a 91 has them....I know this design would fit my 89 because I can SEE the ends of those bolts....I think yours is different.

Anyway, it concerns me because I see no obvious way to attach this guard to the frame at the bottom....not good unless you just want it for looks.

it concerns me because I see no obvious way to attach this guard to the frame at the bottom....not good unless you just want it for looks.

this is very true even if it was just for looks i think over time those tabs would become weak from vibrations and if u got in a wreck it'd do a lot more damage than without it i think

the 1's ive seen mount to the frame where the tow hook mounts and i've gotta buddy who had a blazer that had frame mounts and he nailed some old lady and it didnt do nething to his truck b/c of the guard but totaled out her corolla

i'd take and cut those 4 tabs off or use them if u'd like and make a bracket to mount it to the tow hook bolts to the 2 vertical posts on the bullbar part of it

Edited by unccpathfinder

You could still use your tow hook/hooks. 88 has his hooked up and can still use his tow hooks.

bbspic.jpg

Its hard to see but it was the first pic I found that showed the front..... aka I only looked for about 5 seconds haha.

Rami

Yeah, but I don't think a 91 front bumper has the same bumper mounting points. That guard ONLY bolts to the bumper bolts like mine does. 91-up guards usually have a straight-back tab that goes through the gap in the middle of the bumper and bolts to the frame mounts underneath, as well as tabs to bolt it to the tie down points on the bottom beside the tow hook. That said, I don't think it will bolt on, no.

92' bumper bracket ;) i have a couple other pics too.. just yank yer bumper off n measure? :blink: sssh

and if you think these flimsy stock bumper brackets will hold that heavy bar you are sadly mistaken...... bump into a small wall with it and watch things bend... if you want protection.. hehe.. or at least be able to tow your pathy from the bumper if needed.. then do what i did slyCLICKY SLICKS SMITTY

Edited by Slick

I dont really have the tools to make it though

:blink: you mean to tell me you have anhiliated an entire pathy and are building one basically from scratch yet you can not do something as quick and simple as make a few welds?????? what the...... :blink:P...

i used everything my pathy already had except the shanks i cut off another push bar i had....... :unsure:

Edited by Slick

ya I can weld it on... but wont i need mounting brackets?

double post. did you look at the link to the way i did mine???? it is almost the same..... feck bolts.... they rust and are ugly.... mine's welded on...... hardly any modding to be done on mine. here's the link again. CLICKY

i also have more pics if you need them ;)

looks like you made a custom bracket to fit it to the frame? would mine get to the frame.... looks like it would only go under bumper..

:huh: umm.. there were no brackets on my smittybuilt bumper (see pics) and you already would have the shanks similar to what i cut off an old push bar i had to use as lower supports. there was NOTHING ELSE used that wasn't already stock on my pathy. ;)

oh yeah.. after looking at bens 88... it looked exactly the same to mine.. as far as brackets went......... if they don't have one for a 91.. why don't you just get one soemwhere that does?

oh yeah... after looking at teh one you posted above.. the brackets face the wrong way.. look at the brackets on my '92 pathy.. then look at the push bar you pictured....... ;) :contract:

Edited by Slick