blowing fuses!

kruddy

I got a question. I cant keep from blowing a meter fuse. i dont know what it is. Please someone help me. The frustration is killing me. It wont even start.

Edited by kruddy

hmm sounds like you have a short circuit somewhere. Can you give us more details in terms of what you were doing when the fuse blew? it'll help narrow the problem down so you can at least start doing some tests.

I just got my passenger window replaced yesterday, it rolls up and down with no prob, i disconnected my added fog lights but it still blows the fuse. the fuse i blow is the meter fuse in the fuse box. i doubt its the widow. but not for sure. would add more info but have no clue.

Edited by kruddy

i messed with it some more and think its the fuselink since i redid it my self. trying to find it on a late saturday evening aint easy.oh by the way i got to thank my wife for pulling me back home without telling me to sell it(this dont happen often) :furious:

yeah thats what i figured but it also keeps me from starting the truck. Weird Huh? I would replace the fuse and try to start my truck and it would blow again. Its the only fuse that blows, something is grounded i beleive but wondered if anyone had this problem before.

Edited by kruddy

kruddy, check your transmission wiring harness. Same thing happened to me last weekend. My wiring harness fell down on the exhaust manifold and melted through the insulation causing a wire to short out on the manifold.