Anyone ever use Maaco?

nycxice13

for just an every day car they are ok...and if its for a beater pathy..im sure it would be perfect. one of those deals tho...it all in who does it. one macco can do great, another one horribly. its all in the prep work and knowledge of the painter. you could ask for some references in your area to see THEIR work. i also hear they are not reccomended for color changes..so shooting the same (or similar) colors would be best.

my uncle had a beater truck painted a few years ago. it looked pretty good but it did have runs and imperfections..not to mention a good deal of orange peel.

they did a buddies 63 chevy.. they did a nice job and the paint is still in good shape 6 years later. no orange peel or flaking :aok: definitely NOT for show cars tho

Yeah, basically they spray it and shove it out the door. No sanding, no buffing, no extras, just raw shiny paint. And if you don't mask stuff off or remove things like mirrors or door handles, they'll paint those for you real quick. ;)

Neighbor of mine had his car painted. They masked the chrome trim but when it was done, there were paint ridges where the edge of the masking was. They painted it fine but never took the care in the finishing details. Need a color? Maaco can paint it. Need a show car? Pay the extra and go elsewhere.