Squeeky NEW front brakes...

rmd0311

My front brakes are squeaking BUT they are new. About 3 months old. They don't squeak during regular stop and go. They only squeak when you are just barely tapping on the break after you have nearly fully stopped.

Regular stopping NO SQUEAK. Let's say I'm parking, or just moving the truck forward a bit, THEY SQUEAK - but not always...

What do ya'll think... :help:

• 2 weeks later...

your new brake pads are still being bedded in, they tend to squeak and not operate to their fullest potential until they're fully bedded in, a process which brings the brake pads to a high temperature over and over again (you can search for "bedding in brake pads" on google to find out several ways on how to do so). if you don't bed them in, it can take hundreds to a couple thousand miles for the brakes to be bedded in via normal day to day driving depending on brand and materials of brakes.

• 6 years later...

Some of the best pads will usually squeak while breaking in. Just drive it. As far as greasing the back side of the pads, I have done that crap and it did not do anything. Pathfinder pads usually sit very tight so there is no need to grease the pads.