XE fenders vs SE

turbopath

ok, I need new fenders. Are the metal fenders on the SE's the same as the XE's with just some better looking flares on them or are they different? I know the bolt patterns are the same but I'm thinking the metal underneath may actually flare out also whereas the xe ones are straight with the ugly chrome stickers. The only reason I ask is I'm going to order some used fenders and I can't tell from the pics and the rear fenders are a real pita. SO, if I can get the fronts and just buy a set of the SE flares for the rear I'll be rockin. My XE is a real pos...I should post up pics once I can get back into my ftp.

Edited by turbopath

Uh, I think it depend son the model year dude. The white 01 SE I was looking at had grey plastic flares. However I'm pretty sure the newer SE and LE fender flares are actaully part of the fender panel, not a bolt on piece... Just something to consider.

Yes, the flares are different for the 99.5+ Pathfinders, but the fender sheetmetal remained the same. They are not part of the fender panel...the fenders are metal and the flares are plastic. They are attached by clips.