HMMMMMMMM COOLANT QUESTION

gillj

oK in the topic strted by Teccibal about coolant someone said that Dex-cool is a no-no because air in the system causes sludge is that true in all pathy systems or just the R-50's I have a 91 VG30 And ive been runing dexcool for about a month is this going to cause me a headache ;)

actually from what i gathered dexcool doesn't like being mixed with any amounts of green stuff. it's also designed for aluminum everything. not sure if our rads are al. the air has nothing to do with it as far as i could find.

btw. why not just post in that other thread?

Dexcool is made by GM !!!! They can't even get it to work right in their own engines!!!

Keep your Japanese motors away from it! It eats the aluminum, and builds up gunk in the fins, even in GM's own motors!!!

I would strongly suggest you do a good flush, and fill with any green coolant

http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/dontwa...y/20299ce7.html

Edited by FUELER

I guess i know what ill be doing tomorrow mornign thanks guys i didnt have any idea that stuff was bad for them anyone know a really good brand of flush to use i havent had much luck with the ones ive used in the past and thanks again :shrug:

I guess i know what ill be doing tomorrow mornign thanks guys i didnt have any idea that stuff was bad for them anyone know a really good brand of flush to use i havent had much luck with the ones ive used in the past and thanks again :shrug:

make sure you flush the dickens out of it. the green/orange mix is what's worse then just air.

Dexcool is made by GM !!!! They can't even get it to work right in their own engines!!!

Keep your Japanese motors away from it! It eats the aluminum, and builds up gunk in the fins, even in GM's own motors!!!

I would strongly suggest you do a good flush, and fill with any green coolant

http://www.wcpo.com/wcpo/localshows/dontwa...y/20299ce7.html

Wow i just read that report it sucks to be them i guess that stuff could just be bad all the way around

the funnie thing is the water pump that i put in when i did my timeing belt has this (NIFTY) little sticker on it that says "it is recommended to use dex-cool high mileage antifreeze" I guess it aint the first time manufactures directions were wrong and it sure wont be the last , (@#$%%) idiots pssd

better i find out this way and not the other so thanks again :aok: