Ultimate project Begins!

Pathfinder-jay

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to hit on a few things.

i dont think rhino (bedliner) liner would look good on the inside of a pathy. even at their worst, or trucks are FAR more refined than some jeep or the like. go back with carpet. as far as mats, i do reccomend rubber all around. i got a set of 4 mats and their nice cuz they dont slip around and they have some pretty good grooves to catch dirt and moisture, that way it dosent dribble all out into your carpet. i also made a cargo mat that covers everything back there. really handy to just toss tools or whatever back there and not have to worry.

light bar, do some searching..i have made a couple references to mine. i just took a roof rack bar..attacked it with a drill, and bolted on 4 lights. works like a charm and look stock.

as far as push/brush bars..id reccomend getting either a good HD set..or an aftermarket one with it built in like an ARB..or make your own. its been shown many times that a simple bolt on bar is stricly for looks and many will do much more damage in a wreck with one than not.

Edited by DSM_guy

its been shown many times that a simple bolt on bar is stricly for looks and many will do much more damage in a wreck with one than not.

i disagree. I have the nissan brush guard, and honestly it has protected my bumper many times,(the lower half that is) approach angle is kind of sacrificed, but i enjoy the fact that i can set the front on the ground, and not worry about ripping my bumper off.

i do agree that an ARB or other replacement bumper/brush guard would be much much better in an accident, and does look better, its just i dont have the money just yet. So for me, i enjoy having my little bolt on up there.....

Any idea where to get carpet?

I have seen two (2) Pathfinders here in Oz with moulded rubber flooring in liu of carpet. Both were two door though.

I would enquire at a Nissan dealership if you can get it over there. If not I might be able to inquire on your behalf here, we could also work out terms of payment and shipping if you were agreed to the price. That is if it can be obtained.

hmm. I just dont see the point in spending soo much time and money jsut so you can say its yours, and still be left with an almost stock truck.

back on topic, There was a set of carpet that just went on ebay a month ago or so. you could check the JY and hope you can find a decent set and clean em up good.

Husky makes some floor mat's that are HUGE!!! somthing like 3 or 4" deap. kinda like walls I guess and I belive they are formed too. there was a discussion on these just a while back on AC.

main part sources I have found are:

4x4parts.com

Calimin

L&P performance

then theres your local dealer and parts stores.

Im not rebuilding it to say its mine... let me explain for the last time hopefully

Cost on truck: $650.00cdn

Owner before me put in

-New windshield

-New Clutch

-New Transmission

-New altenaor

My repairs initialy when bought

-New brake line

-New gas line

-Full tune up

Repairs done later on...

-New power steering lines

-New battery

-ECU computer

-02 sensor

-Speed-o-meter

-Change engine gasket

I then bought a 92 pathy for parts at 300$

-Took the speed-o-meter

-Took the o2 sensor and whole airfilet peice

-Used the ECU

Saved me a bit over 1000$

-This truck also came with side bars, roof rack, seats im going to use and a @!*%load of spare parts in general. Also came with 5 brand new summer tires + 5 brand new winter tires with rims.

Right now all that bills out to about 3000$ total... a bit less

After all that I spent 3000$ for the following

-New fenders

-New inner fenders...skids for all four wheel wells

-New rocker panels

-New flooring

-New rad support

-New corner lights

-New bumpers front and back

-Remove all rust

-Install roof rack+side bars+front grill

-Put custom ZRC primer on everything...

-Install light bar and wire it

-Sandblast my whole frame and paint with special anti-rust primer=ZRC then put a black coat

In total I have a bit under 6000$ and im getting basically a new pathfinder.

Ive always been a big fan of the secound series pathy body so I saved up my money. When I first started I had a budget of 5000$ so I took all that money and em building a brand new pathy basically at this point. Then when summer comes I will add offroad mods to it.

Also you must understand I live in Quebec and the roads/salt eat away any car here. By doing all this I will have a brand new truck that I can oil spray etc... keep it mint. My plan is to bring it to my auto body shop 1-2 times a year and get everything looked and fixed so I dont get progressive rust.

Now if this doesnt explain why im doing all this shoot me please hehe im kidding I know I tend to be very vague! And I appreciate all the help im receiving on the forums.

Thanks

Jay

P.S. Can one of the admins PM me. I have some info I need to share and receive.

looking to fund raise for this... Im going to be selling the following products:

My Catalogue

Im going to try to get the pathfinder remote toy aswell...

Each Item should be about 30-100$ depending. Im going to update with a price list soon guys!

P.S. Im going to go take new pics today of the blue truck...

i disagree.  I have the nissan brush guard, and honestly it has protected my bumper many times,(the lower half that is) approach angle is kind of sacrificed, but i enjoy the fact that i can set the front on the ground, and not worry about ripping my bumper off.

i do agree that an ARB or other replacement bumper/brush guard would be much much better in an accident, and does look better, its just i dont have the money just yet.  So for me, i enjoy having my little bolt on up there.....

your right...let me rephrase my statement. in an ACCIDENT bolt on bars will often do more damage. if your knockin aroud the trail and bumpin rocks, trees, etc..then yeah...a brush guard would deff be to your advantage. iv just heard of several stories (even on here) where someone got into what shoulda been a minor fender bender, but their "brush guard" bent all sorts of crazy ways crumpling and smashing parts that would have otherwise survived relitavley unscathed.

i cant completley knock them, i used to have just a simple push bar (see sig pic). i was suggesting something more like an ARB cuz it seems that cash isnt a big prob for this guy really. and if i had the scratch..id take a built bumper over a bolt on push bar any day..having owned both.

oh and for my light bar, it just utilizes the stock roof rack setup.

i REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY stress you to search. i know your trying to find out more about your truck..but honestly, i havent seen you ask something thats not been answered a jillion times. people are trying to be as nice as possible, but we do expect you to do most of your own homework. were here to help..but not do it all.

Edited by DSM_guy

I'm with DSM guy -- Try some ingenuity instead of asking a bunch of questions, and then share what you've done :aok:

As far as the light bar goes, the PO or my truck just took a metal bar and through some bolts and whatnot clamped it to the OEM luggage rack. Drilled a hole in the roof near the passenger side B column and then siliconed the bejesus out of it after running the light/antannea wires.

I'd take pics but I don't have the net at home at the moment, and bringing cameras into an R&D lab isn't exactly smiled upon.

;)

Anywho, good luck man

Edited by Harbinger

DSM_guy, i totally agree with you, i would much rather have an ARB style bumper/brush guard, but as money is tight, the bolt on does nicely.

and yes, i do also agree that in a crash, the bolt on would F#$k up more things then not. but i like mine none the less

Alright guys thats for all the help! I do research but im printing these forums off... easier to keep track and to rebring up a subject... maybe new members/input can be given

Anyhow updates... they ripped my 91 pathy that im rebuilding apart now to start working... what a mess

Check it out

UPDATES ON PROJECT X

Ok well light bar and Lights are now taken off the list...Let me know what you think

roof_bar.jpg

INFO:

KC HiLites Universal Roof Mount Light Bar for Roofs with Rain Gutter Rails up to 61-inches across - Stainless Steel

This roof mounted light bar would look great on any truck. For safety and extended daytime use of your vehicle, you can't beat extra lights. How many times have you been caught 4-wheeling when it suddenly got dark - and you know how fast night can fall when you loose track of time in the woods. If you're between hills, in a valley or a deep ravine, and the sun reaches the horizon, dark shadows come out fast. KC HiLItes chase those shadows away and make all sorts of activities safer and easier.

KC Light Bars are the perfect lighting accessory for your truck. They are easily installed with simple hand tools, and come with matching cast aluminum brackets. A new alloy construction gives the light bar assembly greater vibration resistance so it will stay where you put it, and tamper resistant hardware makes sure your lights won't disappear in the parking lot. These light bars can hold up to 5 auxiliary lights (lights not included).

My Lights:

sixinchlayout.jpg

INFO:

220 Watt total, 6" Diameter Driving Lamps With PVC Covers. Featurs an ultra slim 2" deep housing. These lamps will provide you with maximum visibility when you need it most. Everything Included to Install. This lamp kit is not made by Hella but compare the similarities and then compare the price.

SO what do you guys think of these??? :oops: ? or :cool2: ?

Edited by Pathfinder-jay

Looking around now and I saw other lights im interested in... HID seem to be very expensive... but if you guys dont mind to those who are bored and really dont mind taking a look....

Check this site out and let me know which lights you think would be best... Im ordering from him 100% so it has to be from this site...

CHECK LIGHTS HERE

Thanks alot

after seeing all of the pictures, i honestly wouldnt have bought that rig.

sorry man, way toooooooo much rust. :oops:

since you have the fenders off (well the whole front end off) you should fab up a snorkel. Since its gettin warmer here, thats my next project, PVC snorkel

All that rust is going to be fixed up... The whole rad support is being replaced... Flooring is going to be new. Like I said its being overhauled.

-I just want to get a nice push bar that works well when offroading...not one that will reck me in an accident lol

DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, DONT LET US TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!!!

AND USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!

sorry, i did not mean to get mad, its just why would we tell u what to do, ARB style bumpers provide more protection, while "nissan" brush guards provide protection, they may do more damage in a wreck then they are really worth

Ok well just to get this clear, I know alot of you are getting fustrated with me. Its not that I havent done research, I just want my truck to be 100% perfect lol. Ive been researching for months on how I want to fix it but I dont have the experience to know much... my first car. Id rather not spend money on @!*%... or something thats not going to suit my needs. IM sorry for all the questions but I just want this truck going perfectly... I Have a list of what I want but id like the opinion of others at the same time. This truck is my life at the moment lol, so bare with me guys.

Ok well just to get this clear, I know alot of you are getting fustrated with me. Its not that I havent done research, I just want my truck to be 100% perfect lol. Ive been researching for months on how I want to fix it but I dont have the experience to know much... my first car. Id rather not spend money on @!*%... or something thats not going to suit my needs. IM sorry for all the questions but I just want this truck going perfectly... I Have a list of what I want but id like the opinion of others at the same time. This truck is my life at the moment lol, so bare with me guys.

If you ask any of us for an opinion on what sort of wheel nuts you should have (seems that's the only question you have not asked).. I will organise to have someone beat you to within an inch of your life. P...

ahahahahahahah....bwahahahah! vsicks i think you and i finally come together on something *cue shocking music*

seriously, nobody here is trying to be mean. dont you think everyone wants the best they can do? i mean, if you have TRULY done as much research as you say...youd have answered all these questions yourself through searching. the ENTIRE reason we have a search is so you can go back and read what answers we have given others who ask your exact questions. we gave them the exact same answers as we would give you.

its fantastic that you want to make your truck as great as possible..but ease up a bit. i mean..your putting WAAAAAY too much thought into this. its just a truck. everyone has their own tastes, and there is a full gamut here all the way from all optioned LE with heated leather seats....to bare bones SAS rock crawlers. find your nitche, search around, and grab some ideas and tweak them to make your own. its YOUR truck. if you want our opinions...wanna know the best way to go about them? look at our rigs. each person does to their own truck what they can or what they feel is best. look through pix, develop your own taste..dont rely on others to pick your tastes for you. then youll end up with a truck that is everyone elses dreams..not your own.

lights are lights, lifts are lifts, flooring is flooring..choose what best suits YOUR needs, YOUR tastes, and YOUR budget. i think we have all tried to be as nice as possible but your kinda startin to push alot of peoples buttons. youd be surprised what you can learn when you just sit back, watch what others are doing/have done, as well as research when you dont have your mouth open asking...really.

lights search

yes, 4 pages..you have to weed through a bit, but in those 4 pages there are exactly 40 threads that deal with some sort of aux light. not only are brands covered, but mounting, wiring, etc were all netted. this took me a grand total of 25 sec to find

lifts

3 pages of nothing but lift related material. everything from how, when, where, price. body and sus, problems, tricks, how-to's, brands, pros/cons. even includes additional info on lifting/modifying bumpers, exhaust, etc. took another 20 sec

grill guards

brush guard

rust

and thats just a handfull of questions youve asked. it took me a grand total of 5 minutes to find everything in its entirety. there is no way you have read all that for "months" and still come asking the questions you do.

at least ONE thread in every search i have performed has either compared this to that..given a review, a trick a tip, an idea. and 95% of these searches yeild multiple threads where this has all been answered repeatedly.