Step bars

I'm thinking of fabing some step bars and paint them blue, the mounts will be made to fit specific parts of the chasis. Here's a picture of what they look like. Since I don't have any tools to accomplish this, I'm going to have to come up with measurements and go to a shop.

post-6-1144384715.jpg

past the body not that much below it necessarily.

Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. I was planning on purchasing nerf barfs, but sh#t? I don't want to spend that much money, so I just decided to make my own.

solid, go the easier route and have a large "hoop" bent that runs the entire length of the main tube. then you can use them as both feelers/sliders and as step bars. if you ever go wheeling you wont be getting hung up, and you wont ever have to redo them because you "wish you woulda gone a different route". much better than to not need it and have it, than not have it and need it. thats my entire philosophy on my truck. i sure dont do any hardcore wheeling, and its not like i NEEDED hell for stout bumpers and sliders all around, but i figured since i have the time and money (and free materials!) id overbuild past what id ever need.

I got this idea from Four Wheeler: take a length of chain. Weld chain to frame. Weld several links of the chain together at the bottom. TA DA! Now you have a step/stirrup that won't get hung up on obstacles (well at least not as easily as solid steps) and look unique. :aok: