How many miles to a full tank?

zack1978

Hey everyone,

I am attempting to check my gas milage. I usually get about 300 miles to a full tank. Does that sound about right? When I am towing the mileage gets a lot worse. All I tow is a single snowmobile, but it kills the mileage. What does everyone else get to a full tank? Also how many gallons is my tank, I forget. I want to attempt to figure out my mpg. At this point I am close to empty and I have 305 miles on the tank.

Thanks,

Zack

Hey everyone,

I am attempting to check my gas milage. I usually get about 300 miles to a full tank. Does that sound about right? When I am towing the mileage gets a lot worse. All I tow is a single snowmobile, but it kills the mileage. What does everyone else get to a full tank? Also how many gallons is my tank, I forget. I want to attempt to figure out my mpg. At this point I am close to empty and I have 305 miles on the tank.

Thanks,

Zack

Aren't you a lucky son of a gun! Considering that the fuel tank capacity is 21.1 gal, and I get between 11.0 and 12.5 mpg around town, that gives me a range of....232–263 miles in the city. On the freeway, 15 mpg is more common, so 300 miles. You don't need to empty your tank to get your mpg. Down to 3/4 tank is supposed to get you a good estimate.

BTW, many WD21 Pathfinders have speedometers that are way off right from the factory (mine was 20% fast from the factory!) This could throw your milage and fuel economy calculations WAY off!

If you want to know for sure, visit your local speedometer calibration shop and have them properly calibrate your speedometer. It costs less than $100 for the Pathfinder.

In my 93 I average about 270 as far as my trip reads(about 17.5 gallon fill up), but like Eli said speedo is off (not factory, but I upsized tires), it only reads about .85miles per actual mile. So I average about 18mpg.

I keep track with my GPS when on long trips.

(Also, back to the speedo being off, my 88 XE was off with stock tires, but dead on when I put the 31s on it :crazy: )