AM Reception

merlinx

I installed a Kenwood deck a while ago. Ever since, my AM reception is really bad. It used to be better with the stock radio and in my wife's Honda AM comes in fine, even under overpasses. Only certain stations though. Anyone have any ideas? I have a 97 pathy. I bought an adapter for the antenna and FM works fine.

No engine noise. I do get Dr. Laura and Rush but I cant get to hear am 980 which is the news. . The oem radio had a 2 prong antenna connection, I got an adapter but thats all I know. I do have some type of windshield antenna but I dont know if Im using it or not.

How do I tell?

mmmm, good point. Im going to have to re open everything up again. Fromwhat I remember it was just a basic antenna wire but instead of the standart antenna connection, it had to prongs. I have to see if the stock antenna wire splits or somthing. Thanx.

Anyone know what is a reception booster and how it works?

No engine noise. I do get Dr. Laura and Rush but I cant get to hear am 980 which is the news. . The oem radio had a 2 prong antenna connection, I got an adapter but thats all I know. I do have some type of windshield antenna but I dont know if Im using it or not.

How do I tell?

Go here for a discussion on the window antenna: Diversity Antenna Link