Swap anyone?

Casey.T

As most of you know... I ate the timing belt on my 91's Maiden Voyage.... So 6 months later I get the fun budget back into the Black and order up a New Replacement engine for the blown 220K miles.

For the past couple of nights I have slowly been taking down the new motor in preperation for the transplant......

...a New Replacement engine for the blown 220K miles.

For the past couple of nights I have slowly been taking down the new motor in preperation for the transplant......

Please define "New Replacement engine"... and what do you mean by "taking down the new motor"...

Did you order a used engine or a [re-manufactured, or rebuilt] long block? Bacause if that is the old engine in the pictures, then maybe just a head rebuild is all you need, 'cause the pistons look OK from here.

and you were complaining to ME about how ugly it looks inside? SHEEEEEEESH.

THIS is ugly.....

Mine is just as bad if not worse.... and its supposed to have less than 30k miles on it......

Please define "New Replacement engine"... and what do you mean by "taking down the new motor"...

JDM replacement VG30E Engine.. its out of a a Maxima... thus it has to be stipped down to the heads, and while your there replace the head gasget..... Strip the blown motor down to the heads and use all the original Pathfinder Intake ect to build the JDM back up to function properly in the Pathfinder P...

gotta ?....was the internal damage such that you couldnt have rebuilt the top half and got rollin again...when i broke my t-belt i was moving at about 50 going up hill as soon as it went i hit the clutch i ate 3 valves did a top half rebuild in 3 days b/c napa had a wrong valve in the right box grrr...

was just curious?

I had gotten a Quote on a head Job at $400 per side, JY Heads were $200 each... JDM/JY Engine $700... With 224k miles on the engine and 20k on the rebuilt Tranny I decided to wait on a Replacement engine....

Then I have a whole Block to play with for making a Sleeper out of my 95 :o