Rough idle.... AGAIN haha

Ramithepimp77

Hey...

I just changed my oil, oil filter (actually put in the GM one), air filter, PCV filter (WAS black and extremely dirty), and a couple of vacuum lines that I accidently ripped while taking apart my air canister. I also tightened my bolts/screws to the valve covers (they were pretty darn loose).

ANYWAYS...

I have been having a rough idle lately. It used to do that when one of my vacuum lines werent hooked up but they are fine. I really don't know whats going on. Maybe bad gas? I will see upon next fill up but does anyone have any suggestions?

Has anyone had this problem after doing any of this normal stuff that shouldn't give me a rough idle?

Any feed back would be great!

Rami

P.S. Also... Could you get a rough idle from adding a lil to much oil?

Edited by Ramithepimp77

Hmm, bad gas is always possible. Have you filled up there before ? I'd double check the vacuum lines. Could the disconnected vacuum line unit be crapped up/malfunctioning ? MAF sensor dirty ? Wiring connectors clean and connecting ? It runs fine and only rough at idle ? Sounds like a general poking around is in order. A slight engine oil overfill shouldn't have any effect. A/T ?? Seem to remember someone having idling/shifting issues due to tranny feedback...

B

My connector on my MAF was bad. The hood was touching the wire cause the connector had it going straight up and every time I'd hit a bump, the truck would run like crap. I finally got hold of it while it was rough and flexed the connector/wire and it made a big difference. That evening, I rebuilt the conenctor and turned it 90 degrees so it'd stop hitting the hood. no problems since.