my car sways

Guest Chuck714

Guest Chuck714

:furious: yo! i'm chuck! recently father gave me his 91 pos pathfinder.... it is all stock... my problem is when i give it gas the car sways. i notice that the rear tires were different, and assume that one tire was grabbin before the other one. i replace the tires to be the same. It is a little better, but still does the same thing. it also sways when i press in the clutch from gear to gear. bascily its not a smooth ride. would this be my shocks?

:furious: yo! i'm chuck! recently father gave me his 91 pos pathfinder.... it is all stock... my problem is when i give it gas the car sways. i notice that the rear tires were different, and assume that one tire was grabbin before the other one. i replace the tires to be the same. It is a little better, but still does the same thing. it also sways when i press in the clutch from gear to gear. bascily its not a smooth ride. would this be my shocks?

:laugh: Yo I'm Dom. If the tires are ok and properly inflated (26psi) I'd look at the steering link, when it gets worn out the truck will sway and get pulled into ruts and grooves in the pavement.

Jack up the front of the truck or get on the ground and have someone turn the wheel lock to lock. Watch for play in the steering link or idler/pitman arm

your PSI should be like 32 to 35, also check your sway bay mounts, make sure they are all ok, then check your shocks and steering, gotrek already explained the steering but to check the shocks jump on your back bumper a few times and then jump off, if the truck sits there and bounces up and down alot then you need new shocks, your sway bar mounts are pretty simple to check

Guest Chuck714

will do!!1 thanks i'll get back to you guys after i check everything... can do it right now, my pathy is being ship home from chicago to kali as i type...

your PSI should be like 32 to 35, also check your sway bay mounts, make sure they are all ok, then check your shocks and steering, gotrek already explained the steering but to check the shocks jump on your back bumper a few times and then jump off, if the truck sits there and bounces up and down alot then you need new shocks, your sway bar mounts are pretty simple to check

shocks: a lot meaning more then twice.

could be panhard or some other brace like that.

is this in the front or back?